Pre Match Millwall (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

A game we should be winning really. Still only 2 point off the automatic promotion places.

id keep an unchanged team and hope we can perform for a full 90 mins. A game we should win but reports suggest that they have performed better than their results but a game we should and i think will win... 2-0 Beckford King, btw were due a penalty

Very important to win this one.

Seems like every time we sniff the playoff spots we wilt a bit....would be nice to get that monkey off our backs.

Win is really needed. Although I would rather lose this and win at West Ham seeing as I'm heading down for that one.

Of course I would rather us win them both.

I'd like to keep the same team. If we win we could go into the play-offs, and possibly if everything goes right for us Automatic spots; although we have been in this position so many times before and always fecked it up so i'll go a 0-1 loss!

fernandes in for abe please

Really? I like Fernandes, but Abe was one of our better players last night, fantastic assist for our second and Abe does a good job as a holding player, Fernandes is too impatient and energetic to really do that job. I'd rather Fernandes came in for King or Wellens if he had to come in for anyone.

Don't say things like that!

Really? I like Fernandes, but Abe was one of our better players last night, fantastic assist for our second and Abe does a good job as a holding player, Fernandes is too impatient and energetic to really do that job. I'd rather Fernandes came in for King or Wellens if he had to come in for anyone.

I personally thought Abe was disappointing, good ball in for the second but apart from that I wasn't too impressed. He was on the right of the diamond, with Johnson holding.

Is anyone else a little concerened about Konchesky, personally thought he'd be better than what he has shown so far?

I personally thought Abe was disappointing, good ball in for the second but apart from that I wasn't too impressed. He was on the right of the diamond, with Johnson holding.

Is anyone else a little concerened about Konchesky, personally thought he'd be better than what he has shown so far?

Not at all, I think Konchesky has been one of our most consistently good performers.

Not at all, I think Konchesky has been one of our most consistently good performers.

Usually agree with you Matt, but not on this one.

His distribution is poor and twice but us in danger on Weds, average defender and not surprised he took very few free kicks after his dead balls against B'ham.

I could hardly believe my ears today when I was buying some tickets in the megastore.

There was a couple being served at the next till along to me and the woman said "I think we'll win 2-1 tomorrow". She went on to say "I think Bamba will get one then Yakubu".

Presumably tomorrow she'll wonder why Yakubu isn't playing when they announce the team. Or perhaps she'll think one of our black strikers is Yakubu. Some of the mongs you get at Leicester matches are absolutely mind blowing.

Agree with Matt, I also think Konchesky has been one of our most consistent performers. Yeah, his crossing can be a bit inconsistent, but he's much more solid defensively than the full-backs we are used to under SGE and the fact is, he does get into positions to deliver good crosses, so it doesn't matter how inconsistent they are if you cross the ball more often, as only one of them has to hit.

He didn't have the best of times against Birmingham, but who did? I think he's been a good signing overall and has been a large part of the sureing up of our defence.

Last edited:
Then I'd recommend watching the highlights: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15396564.stm

Really wonder if some people are watching the same game as me at times, pretty much all our best chances came through Abe.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that some people only consider the last player to touch the ball, i.e the assistee, as being involved in a move, rather than the 3 or 4 players who may have had a major impact on it. I blame fantasy football.

Abe's positional sense is probably the best in the team, he never over-commits himself when defending. Some people see this as lazy whereas he's actually being very clever most of the time. His one-touch passing in tight situations is also extremely good.

I did think he look nackered after 50 mins though so I'm not sure he will start tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566