MM plots back-to-back promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it being 5/6 new players as well as Hobbs and Brown.

When all the loans finish and players out of contract leave, we will have no decent goalkeepers and no right backs - so that's 3 or 4 signings just for those two positions.

yup id go along with that and as indie says milan please be quiet we know you like your 5minutes every so often

yup id go along with that and as indie says milan please be quiet we know you like your 5minutes every so often

We've just been promoted as Champions, the ground is a sell out for tomorrow night, Quo and Tina are lined up on the LCFC PA system to be blared out ad infinitum, they've spent thousands of pounds on fireworks and pyrotechnics for when we lift the trophy, and the mongies are buying celebratory mugs and T-shirts and demanding an open top bus parade through the streets of Leicester

He's kept out of the way all season, but the least we can do is let the silly old sod have his moment of glory, surely. Everyone else is doing it, so why can't he ?

We've just been promoted as Champions, the ground is a sell out for tomorrow night, Quo and Tina are lined up on the LCFC PA system to be blared out ad infinitum, they've spent thousands of pounds on fireworks and pyrotechnics for when we lift the trophy, and the mongies are buying celebratory mugs and T-shirts and demanding an open top bus parade through the streets of Leicester

He's kept out of the way all season, but the least we can do is let the silly old sod have his moment of glory, surely. Everyone else is doing it, so why can't he ?

aye alright then i take it back :icon_wink

I don't think we'd have been relegated out of the championship with the current squad and management. Next season we'll hopefully be even stronger and will be sitting mid table at the very least.

I agree. We went down last season because we were a mess. We will start next season with a proper team in which plaayers like Fryatt and Howard have got an understanding. Youngsters like Mattock, Morrison and King will have had a very formative season and come through "battle hardened". I believe mid-table with the current squad is realistic.

However, I do not believe that Milan or Nigel want to be in the Championship and the key will be the five or six players who are brought in. Hopefully this will include some loan signings. Remember what a revelation Davies was.

Judging from the quality of player Pearson and Walsh brought into our League One side I look forward to the new signings and think we have a good chance of the play-offs at least.

Aye anybody would think he owned the Club or something.:102:

Your so negative for a young lad.

I'm not (well yeah I suppose I am).

It seems promising that we are targeting 5-6 players. My ideal team next year is -

Davis

Mattock Hobbs Tunchev Gilbert

Dyer Surman Oakley Ambrose

McGoldrick

Howard

With this team we will stay up comfortably next season.

I really don't think the aim next season should be to stay up. Quite frankly i feel that we are far better than that. The only reason we didn't stay up in the chmpshp is because we didn't score goals.

I think next season the following players will be fine....

Davis

???
Tunchev
Hobbs
???

Dyer
Oakley
???
???

Howard
Fryatt

Other squad members that will be good:
Brown
Mattock
King
Berner
Morrison

In addition to filling the ???'s I believe we also need a centre forward who is going to push howard and fryatt and potentially replace one of the them.

I'd include Gradel in your list of squad members, but apart from that i think your pretty much spot on, except maybe a different striker.

Last edited:
I'd include Gradel in your list of squad members, but apart from that i think your pretty much spot on, except maybe a different striker.

I have hopes for Gradel but something in my head tells me he may just turn out to be a 'he had great potential'. With regard to the strikers, after this seasons performances, I think we have to show some faith again next season. I do however think that we may require that a little more pace in this department.

Im quite sure we wont do a F****t next season. the effort they put into strengthening their team was terrible and stated they're ambition.

From what has been said already our preperation will be vastly different, or so I hope.

Forest went into this season with a negative attitude, they just wanted to stay up.

I think MM is bang on right and we should set high targets. Of course he needs to give pearson the proper support and go for the players pearson identifies.

Forest went into this season with a negative attitude, they just wanted to stay up.

I clearly remember their fans on the second weekend of the season on the Championship banging on about play-offs etc. I just think they couldn't get their targets combined with a poor manager. The Forest fans reckoned they were playing some good stuff but with a poor backline, they leaked them in.

Forest's approach this season at times must be applauded - they have stuck on the whole with the young lads who got them promotion rather than polluting the team with loads of loanees.

Last edited:
Forest's approach this season at times must be applauded - they have stuck on the whole with the young lads who got them promotion rather than polluting the team with loads of loanees.

Not really worth applauding if they get themselves relegated, in fact it would prove that their appraoch was downright naive and bordering on the plain stupid

Had we stuck with our own youngsters this season rather than 'pollute' our team with loanees I doubt that we would have even made the top half of the table let alone win the league outright

Not really worth applauding if they get themselves relegated, in fact it would prove that their appraoch was downright naive and bordering on the plain stupid

There would be plenty on here that would applaud that :icon_bigg

Had we stuck with our own youngsters this season rather than 'pollute' our team with loanees I doubt that we would have even made the top half of the table let alone win the league outright

Norwich and Charlton both signed tons of loanees in a snub at what they all ready had. One's relegated and the other isn't. Forest look safe now and if they did go now, at least they wouldn't be counting the pennies. Thus Forest's approach has worked, now they have the stablity and groundwork to push up the table.

My applauds towards Forest was that the youngsters got them into this division thus should be of a decent quality to play in the CCC were used rather than the slapdash loan signings ala Holloway. Pearson when making all but one of his loan signings (which I think is a poor signing regardless of how many mins he's had and that we have Adams twiddling thumbs) have either appeared for a reason such as injury or for a long term period. Very much unlike Gunn, Parkinson and Holloway's whose immediate approach in dismissing what they/we had hurt team spirit and themselves/us in the long run.

Norwich and Charlton both signed tons of loanees in a snub at what they all ready had. One's relegated and the other isn't. Forest look safe now and if they did go now, at least they wouldn't be counting the pennies. Thus Forest's approach has worked, now they have the stablity and groundwork to push up the table.

My applauds towards Forest was that the youngsters got them into this division thus should be of a decent quality to play in the CCC were used rather than the slapdash loan signings ala Holloway. Pearson when making all but one of his loan signings (which I think is a poor signing regardless of how many mins he's had and that we have Adams twiddling thumbs) have either appeared for a reason such as injury or for a long term period. Very much unlike Gunn, Parkinson and Holloway's whose immediate approach in dismissing what they/we had hurt team spirit and themselves/us in the long run.

Yeah....:icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670