Mobile Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

I am looking to buy a new mobile phone, preferably on Pay As You Go but I am not sure what phone to get.
I have had a look around and like the look of a few but i thought I might aswell ask the wise folk of Talking Balls if they had any recommendations.

I am willing to pay up to £20o.

Thamks

I would hope any mobile phone costing £200 would have those functions on :102: .

contract is the way to go i get 750 messages 750 anytime any networ mins all for 20 quid and a free phone

I prefer Pay As You Go as it has limits.
I think having a contract would be too convenient and I would use my phone when there is no real need to and end up with a big phone bill.
With Pay As You Go I have to top up and half the time I can't be arsed which is a good thing.

how about this one?

mobiado_pro_EM_honduras_fro.gif

my first mobile :)

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I got the Sony Ericsson k750i for £160 on Pay as you go. Excellent deal.

I saw that for £129 earlier in The Orange Shop.

I have the K700i as it is and it does my head in.

bet this was webbos......

philips_4111-12.jpg

struggling to find my first mobile at the mo.

got it!!!

my first mobile.

pic_3_347.jpg

It could "only" text and call and could only hold around 25-30 numbers that i remember.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
got it!!!

my first mobile.

pic_3_347.jpg

It could "only" text and call and could only hold around 25-30 numbers that i remember.

That was my first too!!! Also when people texted you it was clever enough to match the persons name with the number so you had to memorise peoples numbers to figure out who was texting!!!

I now use it to prop up the corner of my house!!

pds said:
I prefer Pay As You Go as it has limits.
I think having a contract would be too convenient and I would use my phone when there is no real need to and end up with a big phone bill.
With Pay As You Go I have to top up and half the time I can't be arsed which is a good thing.

How long do you anticipate keeping the phone? If 18 months or less (fewer?), and if you want that level of phone, you will almsot certainly find that you would be paying less on a £20 a month contract with loads of free minutes and texts - and a free phone. And don't forget that such deals are often half-price for the first 6 months.

Do the maths: 6 months @ £10, 12 months @ £20 = £300 on contract.

Taking the cost of the phone off that leaves you £100 to spend on pre-pay top-ups.

£100 / 18 = £5.55 a month with which to top up. You're not going to get many phone calls for that.

It seems to me that Pre-Pay is only for people like me who only want cheap/simple phones which they will hang on to for years and who want to amke very few calls. Everybody else should be able to find a contract which will better suit their needs.

Lboro fox said:
That was my first too!!! Also when people texted you it was clever enough to match the persons name with the number so you had to memorise peoples numbers to figure out who was texting!!!

I now use it to prop up the corner of my house!!
it was a loadbearing telephone. I had forgotten that thing about the texts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669