More religion bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first name I saw against this thread was Macky, what a surprise, I think Macky has more intrest in religion than I have in stamps, he's always mega quick to get a comment in.

The first name I saw against this thread was Macky, what a surprise, I think Macky has more intrest in religion than I have in stamps, he's always mega quick to get a comment in.

erm..mine was the 5th post, two days after the thread was started

So what? Macky is Irish, therefore he has a genetic disposition to comment on Religious themes.

I should point out that Macky has an incredibly healthy attitude towards religion. Religion is a flimsy yet frequently used excuse for war, child abuse, brainwashing and extortion. Anybody who doesn't actively despise it needs to take a long look at themselves. In fact, just a quick flick through the Bible will do. Reading Genesis, one can find promotion of misogyny, murder, genocide, rape, incest, and racism, alongside certain things being stated as fact when they are manifestly made up (God created everything in seven days - presumably by snapping his fingers, Methuselah lived to 969 years old, a talking snake tricked some nudists into eating fruit, etc). These books - the Bible, the Koran, all of them - are fictitious. They are not the word of God, they were made up by some blokes many centuries ago. As long as people are promoting them as fact, however, we rational people should fight it. We should reject the 'freedom of religious expression' - this just amounts to the freedom to believe whatever the **** you want, regardless of how patently false it is. Is this the world we want to live in? Is it ****.

Carry on Macky. You have my support. :icon_bigg

I should point out that Macky has an incredibly healthy attitude towards religion. Religion is a flimsy yet frequently used excuse for war, child abuse, brainwashing and extortion. Anybody who doesn't actively despise it needs to take a long look at themselves. In fact, just a quick flick through the Bible will do. Reading Genesis, one can find promotion of misogyny, murder, genocide, rape, incest, and racism, alongside certain things being stated as fact when they are manifestly made up (God created everything in seven days - presumably by snapping his fingers, Methuselah lived to 969 years old, a talking snake tricked some nudists into eating fruit, etc). These books - the Bible, the Koran, all of them - are fictitious. They are not the word of God, they were made up by some blokes many centuries ago. As long as people are promoting them as fact, however, we rational people should fight it. We should reject the 'freedom of religious expression' - this just amounts to the freedom to believe whatever the **** you want, regardless of how patently false it is. Is this the world we want to live in? Is it ****.

Carry on Macky. You have my support. :icon_bigg

:038: :038: :038:

It's not just about being anti-religion, it's all about pro-freedom, freedom for rational, critical, logical thought without fear.
Fear being the currency of choice for all religions.

*Edit* Oh dear, three clapping smileys, could it be the insidious influence of the Holy trinity on my blasphemous soul?

Last edited:
Macky i doubt some people are aware of the intensity of which religion is forced upon people in Ireland (north and south) which generally results in kicking against it.

:038: :038: :038:

It's not just about being anti-religion, it's all about pro-freedom, freedom for rational, critical, logical thought without fear.
Fear being the currency of choice for all religions.

*Edit* Oh dear, three clapping smileys, could it be the insidious influence of the Holy trinity on my blasphemous soul?

Macky i doubt some people are aware of the intensity of which religion is forced upon people in Ireland (north and south) which generally results in kicking against it.

Agreed, i did two tours in Ireland and saw and did a few things that have stopped me form returning :icon_cry:

Religion isn't just forced upon people in Ireland though, it happens in religious families everywhere, any "Muslim" country (how can a country be a Muslim?), "faith" schools, any of the backward states in the US, and to everyone who's ever met a Mormon.

Agreed, i did two tours in Ireland and saw and did a few things that have stopped me form returning :icon_cry:

Especially the IRA mural that said "Newts come back and we'll ****ing have you ...you bastard" and the loyalist one that read the same. :icon_lol:

Religion isn't just forced upon people in Ireland though, it happens in religious families everywhere, any "Muslim" country (how can a country be a Muslim?), "faith" schools, any of the backward states in the US, and to everyone who's ever met a Mormon.

I never said it was unique to Ireland :102: I was commenting on the post relating to Mackys feelings about religion.

I never said it was unique to Ireland :102: I was commenting on the post relating to Mackys feelings about religion.

Yeah I know, I was trying to make the point that Macky's done rather well in rebelling against the brainwashing. How many Afghan kids or children of evangelists do you see openly rejecting religion? In a way I was agreeing with you, although I didn't do it in the best way :icon_bigg

Especially the IRA mural that said "Newts come back and we'll ****ing have you ...you bastard" and the loyalist one that read the same. :icon_lol:

It was those 'few things' he did with that pig that have forced the Authorities not to allow him back in the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669