More religion bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially the IRA mural that said "Newts come back and we'll ****ing have you ...you bastard" and the loyalist one that read the same. :icon_lol:

HAHAHA
I think we have a winner for post of the year

:icon_lol: :038:

Religion is for ****s and the clinically insane.

Anyone see that religion drama on Thursday night, 9pm, BBC1?

Biggest load of bollocks on telly ever. Father Jacob is concerned for the safety of young girl. What's he do? Report her father to Police and Social Services? No

Instead, he takes her in, gets her worshipping Mother Theresa and tries to perform an exorcism on the father. I turned off that point. Utter shit.

What the BBC doing ramming religious fairy-tails down our throat? The whole programme seemed to live in a world where God's word was final, not that of the law. Reality was left at the doorstep and it was insulting to people who have suffered child abuse at the hands of anyone.

Rant Over.

Apparently, even people who have never shown any sort of religiousness at all in their lives, have been known at times of great sadness or stress or desperation, to offer a prayer as a 'last resort'.

Personally, I do not think they should be mocked for that and even though a person would not consider themselves to be religious, who is to say that if you or I were in the same boat we would not equally grasp at straws.

Apparently, even people who have never shown any sort of religiousness at all in their lives, have been known at times of great sadness or stress or desperation, to offer a prayer as a 'last resort'.

Pascal's wager....

Personally, I do not think they should be mocked for that and even though a person would not consider themselves to be religious, who is to say that if you or I were in the same boat we would not equally grasp at straws.

Me. I certainly wouldn't. Even as a City fan, I try to keep futile pursuits to a minimum. Praying to an invisible man in the sky, no matter how ****ed up you are, will not help you. Not ever.

Ever.

Me. I certainly wouldn't. Even as a City fan, I try to keep futile pursuits to a minimum. Praying to an invisible man in the sky, no matter how ****ed up you are, will not help you. Not ever.

Ever.

I'm not going to give you an extreme example of an occasion when I would imagine somebody would be desperate (that would be silly and it wouldn't involve our football team either :) )all I was suggesting however is that I could well understand why somebody would give 'it' a go as a last resort.

Anyone see that religion drama on Thursday night, 9pm, BBC1?

Biggest load of bollocks on telly ever. Father Jacob is concerned for the safety of young girl. What's he do? Report her father to Police and Social Services? No

Instead, he takes her in, gets her worshipping Mother Theresa and tries to perform an exorcism on the father. I turned off that point. Utter shit.

What the BBC doing ramming religious fairy-tails down our throat? The whole programme seemed to live in a world where God's word was final, not that of the law. Reality was left at the doorstep and it was insulting to people who have suffered child abuse at the hands of anyone.

Rant Over.
Even bigger load of bollocks is that dress wearing eunock Aled Jones spreading the good word on his Sunday morning radio show.

If you've been on the lash Saturday and have to be in work Sunday morning, put this **** on your clock radio. Guaranteed to get you out of bed to vomit. I could not get tired of kicking him in the spine.

Ever.

Not even in the last few minutes of extra time?

Even bigger load of bollocks is that dress wearing eunock Aled Jones spreading the good word on his Sunday morning radio show.

If you've been on the lash Saturday and have to be in work Sunday morning, put this **** on your clock radio. Guaranteed to get you out of bed to vomit. I could not get tired of kicking him in the spine.

Have you ever tried tuning into something else?

Funniest thing I've ever read.

Ok, not the funniest ever, or even today, but pretty ****ing good.

:038:

I think this is very unfair.

If you look through history and through the present day world you'll find a lot of people who believe in a God. For many people it has helped them get through lives, for many it has improved the way that they treat others.

We live in a time and a society that thinks it knows so much but really knows so little.

We treat other humans, animals and the planet in general like shit and we are so short sighted, wrapped up in our own little egos that we don't think of future generations either.

I am certainly not advocating any religion in particular or even religion in general but it makes me grimace when I hear the religion knockers who are unwilling to accept other people's points of view and beliefs.

whether they are wrong or not is besides the point. I could understand if your feelings were more specific aimed at some of the (many) "religious" people who have caused suffering but they are not. They are aimed at everybody who believes in a God. they may be blinkered , do you think you're not?

I think this is very unfair.

No it's not.

If you look through history and through the present day world you'll find a lot of people who believe in a God.

Yes, they did things like take part in the Crusades, fly planes into buildings in New York, authorise or assist the eradication of entire ethnic groups, and cover up widespread systematic child sexual abuse.

For many people it has helped them get through lives, for many it has improved the way that they treat others.

Are you saying these people are incapable of living normal lives without fairy stories? Are you saying these people couldn't be trusted to treat others in the proper way if they weren't religious? Here's a fact, taken from Victor Stenger's book God: The Failed Hypothesis: both in actual numbers and proportionally, there are more American Christians in prison than American atheists.

We live in a time and a society that thinks it knows so much but really knows so little.

We do know that all holy books are demonstrably fabricated. We know what we can see. We know that nobody has ever verifiably seen or spoken to God. I think that's enough for our purposes here.

We treat other humans...like shit

Mostly because of hatred based on slightly differing beliefs.

and we are so short sighted, wrapped up in our own little egos that we don't think of future generations either.

Is this relevant?

I am certainly not advocating any religion in particular or even religion in general but it makes me grimace when I hear the religion knockers who are unwilling to accept other people's points of view and beliefs.

It sounds to me like that's exactly what you're doing. I'm unwilling to accept beliefs based on nothing more than "this is what my parents believed." I think that's a reasonable stance to take.

whether they are wrong or not is besides the point.

Is it? When you open your mind so wide that you believe things that are provably false (easily so), there's no limit to how easily manipulated you really are. What amazes me is these people are so open minded that they'll willingly accept that a magician whose existence is never explained actually listens to every thought they have and watches everything they do. At the same time they're closed minded enough to claim that nothing else can possibly be true. These people are idiots, and they are dangerous.

I could understand if your feelings were more specific aimed at some of the (many) "religious" people who have caused suffering but they are not.

They are specifically aimed at those people.

They are aimed at everybody who believes in a God. they may be blinkered , do you think you're not?

No, we are rational people. We believe what we can see, not whatever was written down five millenia ago by people whose identities are not clear.

By definition, religion is harmful to every aspect of life and the sooner we as a species are rid of it the better.

Blue Maniac, I believe you are a raving lunatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670