Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should go for Charlie Austin. We tried in the summer and they rejected the bid apparently - so we are clearly interested.

He scored 18 goals in his debut PL season for a relegated team. He's 26 so reaching his peak, he's different to what we've got in the first team, and to be honest, him and Vardy together would be electric. He's tall, strong, but also very mobile.

And given that he's English (which shouldn't matter but does) his price tag is low. I just don't get why no one's fighting tooth and nail for him - Liverpool signed Andy Carroll for £35m and no one is willing to take Austin - a proven PL goal scorer approaching his peak for £15m. Am I missing something?

Currently out injured, has a bad recurring injury record. No doubt he would be subject to stringent testing from the Medical team if we made an approach. I'd be happy to see him here for the right price. He's currently on 10 goals this season which isn't bad. Also worth noting, isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Currently out injured, has a bad recurring injury record. No doubt he would be subject to stringent testing from the Medical team if we made an approach. I'd be happy to see him here for the right price. He's currently on 10 goals this season which isn't bad. Also worth noting, isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Yes he is out of contract. 10 goals in 16 or 17 matches considering this season's injuries is excellent. And last season's 18 was fantastic.

Ranieri practically ruled out a striker coming in during his press conference today. Hopefully that's not true. I'd happily see two of ours shipped out and one brought in.

To sell Okazaki before he has even been given a chance to play as an out and out striker would be utterly ludicrous. And thankfully this will not happen. In the role that he has played for the team this season I think he has been very good.

And the fact that he came from a different country and culture has to be taken in to account. Let's ship him out before he's had time to fully aclimatize to a new country and a new league.

To sell Okazaki before he has even been given a chance to play as an out and out striker would be utterly ludicrous. And thankfully this will not happen. In the role that he has played for the team this season I think he has been very good.

And the fact that he came from a different country and culture has to be taken in to account. Let's ship him out before he's had time to fully aclimatize to a new country and a new league.

I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a success, but he hasn't impressed me at all apart from the first 3/4 games where he did really well. Maybe if he didn't fall over every time anyone farted on him, that would be a good start.

As much as I like him, I feel Ulloa has to go IF Charlie Austin was to come in. It's a shame really, 13 goals in his first PL season wasn't a bad return at all.

Well he would say that, wouldn't he.

Seriously, with Benalouane and Inler beginning to show their worth, and Grey looking the part on Sunday; I'd be most interested in us getting a no10 and a first choice goalkeeper, neither of which tend to be easy finds in a January.

I think Mike's question was supposed to be "why do we need a new first choice keeper"

Has Claudio got a thing against twatty beards or something as Hamer should be a decent back-up?

Don't blame him if he has though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670