Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the old 'striker misses from a few yards (Vardy, Ulloa Okazaki, Mahrez atc), not a problem, but goalie makes a mistake, sack him' chestnut.

I am certain Schmeichel was aware of his mistake but EVERY player makes mistakes. If Schmeichel has kept us in more games than he has lost us, then he is good enough to be first choice keeper. Schwarzer and Hamer are certainly good enough for backups.

Schmeichel is vastly overrated I'm afraid, his distribution and ability at claiming crosses borders on inept (if you aren't a Leicester fan)

Schmeichel is vastly overrated I'm afraid, his distribution and ability at claiming crosses borders on inept (if you aren't a Leicester fan)

Yep

But he's a veritable goalkeeping God compared to the completely hopeless duffers we have as backup

We desperately need a keeper

Yep

But he's a veritable goalkeeping God compared to the completely hopeless duffers we have as backup

We desperately need a keeper
Haha, do you remember Chris Weale, who must have been short sighted. Anyone shot at him from more than 3 yards out and he had absolutely no idea it was coming. Ha.

Also for what it's worth, I'd rather have Schmeichel than Mignolet. Shot stopping wise I think they are similar. Distribution wise Schmeichel may get a few few wrong but his quick reactions and throwing also allow us to counter attack the way we do

Schmeichel is ok, he is a keeper that fits with our style of play. Over-rated is probably accurate but there aren't too many other Prem keepers I'd rather have to be fair..

For what it's worth I'm not sure I'd agree that the first Spurs goal was primarily his fault the other day. IMO he saved it, it could have gone anywhere but happened to land at one of their players who reacted while Schmeichel was still grounded from the previous save.

For what it's worth I'm not sure I'd agree that the first Spurs goal was primarily his fault the other day. IMO he saved it, it could have gone anywhere but happened to land at one of their players who reacted while Schmeichel was still grounded from the previous save.

Plus the shot took a deflection and he only had a split second to readjust. I think he was blamed very harshly by the pundits on BBC.

Talking of the BBC, the camera shots chosen during the game were amongst the worst ever seen. They showed too many, far too long close ups of players while play was going on. It got quite annoying. Probably a woman in charge.

Plus the shot took a deflection and he only had a split second to readjust. I think he was blamed very harshly by the pundits on BBC.

Talking of the BBC, the camera shots chosen during the game were amongst the worst ever seen. They showed too many, far too long close ups of players while play was going on. It got quite annoying. Probably a woman in charge.

Totally agree about the coverage. Ridiculously bad. There were whole passages of play that were completely missed.

Nope, it was a man. Colm Harty.

Ulloa skinning two defenders and cutting inside was shot at ankle hight, an absurdly shit piece of coverage.

Schmeichel is ok, he is a keeper that fits with our style of play. Over-rated is probably accurate but there aren't too many other Prem keepers I'd rather have to be fair..

It was more that the first save was comfortable, so he had enough time to pick where he punched the ball. But he then punched it to a stupid place.

Which makes it a fair enough criticism.

But he's been good overall this season. They've worked out a strategy to deal with corners and crosses that doesn't normally mean his lack of height leaves him looking inept. And the rest of his game is good to very good.

Almost as bad as Sky. Loads of times Sky have missed significant event in real time while choosing to show replays. BT Sport got it right with the screen within a screen so you didn't miss any live action.

If our transfer business really is concluded for this window, then I'm very disappointed.

I know it's hard to get good value in January, but this is the best chance we've ever had of champions league football, and perhaps even a title challenge, and I fear we are going to regret not investing in it.

Are we discussing the annoying, but traditional, totally rubbish Winter 15/16 TV productions here all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669