Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes Arsenal after one season he can **** himself.

If he doesn't then I love him to bits.

Arsenal have got their new holding midfielder haven't they? I can't see him going there now.

Kante is world class because of the way we set up. In many respects, he's a bang average player. His passing is average, zero creativity or goal threat. He's a really quiet personality too. The role Ranieri has given him has made him into an interception machine par excellence. He's a perfect example of our team being much greater than the sum of its parts.

There aren't many places he'd get a similar gig than Leicester. I'll be very interested to see him if he gets a game for France in the Euro's.

Arsenal have got their new holding midfielder haven't they? I can't see him going there now.

Kante is world class because of the way we set up. In many respects, he's a bang average player. His passing is average, zero creativity or goal threat. He's a really quiet personality too. The role Ranieri has given him has made him into an interception machine par excellence. He's a perfect example of our team being much greater than the sum of its parts.

There aren't many places he'd get a similar gig than Leicester. I'll be very interested to see him if he gets a game for France in the Euro's.
Well, when he made his full debut for France he scored and played very well by all accounts.

This is what goal.com wrote after his game against Russia:
Skärmavbild 2016-05-25 kl. 17.17.42.png

Wasn't he top of the charts for interceptions and tackles in France before we signed him?

Kante is absolutely crucial to how we play, I think.

I'd be disappointed if he went to Arsenal, but agree that's unlikely now they've got Xhaka. If he went to Real, Juve, PSG etc then I couldn't really blame him!

Sure.

It's being reported he has rejected in order to keep his exit fee low.

Time will tell.
Why not offer him a great deal with the exit fee kicking in at the end of next season, similar to the one that Utd are rumoured to have offered De Gea.

That way we get another season from him, and then everyone can see how we get on in our CL season.

I can only assume you have been trolling over the last few days.

This post is so utterly bizarre it should get an award of some kind.

I can only assume you have been trolling over the last few days.

This post is so utterly bizarre it should get an award of some kind.

Lako, I have given up on BN, as you say some of his posts are truly bizarre. I can't work out if it's for attention and provoke a response or he truly believes the posts he submits.

Zero creativity - cast your mind back to the opening goal at home to West Ham. I think he is much better than "bang average".

However, BN does have a point in that the way we set up as a team does play to Kante's strengths. I heard Steve Walsh say this in one of the many post-season interviews on the radio.

Lako, I have given up on BN, as you say some of his posts are truly bizarre. I can't work out if it's for attention and provoke a response or he truly believes the posts he submits.

I never post anything that I don't believe. I cannot fathom what's wrong with saying what I have about Kante. He's a very good player (my favourite in fact) but the way we play makes him world class. He's actually not especially good at some aspects of being a midfielder but in our team they don't matter, etc. What exactly is wrong with that? I know he did very well in his only France appearance but I would like to see evidence of how their strongest team adapts to him or he adapts to them.

In other recent posts, people have jumped on me for daring to suggest that Fuchs is the ninth best player in our team or that Vardy dives. Neither of these assertions seem remotely 'bizarre' to me, but it appears as though perfectly valid and considered opinions that are slightly different to the mantra that "all our players are Gods to be worshipped as such for ever more and nothing they ever do is wrong", aren't welcome at the moment.

Others are entirely within their rights to disagree and say that Kante would be equally effective in Arsenal's passing obsessed midfield or Huth is weaker than Fuchs or Vardy is too darn fast to be stopped by any legal means, and that would be fine too.

Having a slightly different perspective on something isn't a crime. I am capable of absolutely loving this team and what they've achieved and still thinking objectively about them.

I never post anything that I don't believe. I cannot fathom what's wrong with saying what I have about Kante. He's a very good player (my favourite in fact) but the way we play makes him world class. He's actually not especially good at some aspects of being a midfielder but in our team they don't matter, etc. What exactly is wrong with that? I know he did very well in his only France appearance but I would like to see evidence of how their strongest team adapts to him or he adapts to them.

In other recent posts, people have jumped on me for daring to suggest that Fuchs is the ninth best player in our team or that Vardy dives. Neither of these assertions seem remotely 'bizarre' to me, but it appears as though perfectly valid and considered opinions that are slightly different to the mantra that "all our players are Gods to be worshipped as such for ever more and nothing they ever do is wrong", aren't welcome at the moment.

Others are entirely within their rights to disagree and say that Kante would be equally effective in Arsenal's passing obsessed midfield or Huth is weaker than Fuchs or Vardy is too darn fast to be stopped by any legal means, and that would be fine too.

Having a slightly different perspective on something isn't a crime. I am capable of absolutely loving this team and what they've achieved and still thinking objectively about them.

You certainly aren't the only one who has noticed his limitations. Take nothing away from him, he's had an amazing season for us and is doubtless a quality player but I'd love to see the stats on how often he gave the ball away after one of his interceptions.

Sorry BN, but you can't have it every way, you are criticizing a player, ie Kante, for not being 'creative' for ****s s he covers every blade of grass on the pitch breaking up play . making interceptions and laying off a pass, but no; your right he is not creative, but he does everything else brilliantly that will do for me, their are others in the team who can do the creative bit.

Kram seems to have announced on Instagram he's off

Sorry BN, but you can't have it every way, you are criticizing a player, ie Kante, for not being 'creative' for ****s s he covers every blade of grass on the pitch breaking up play . making interceptions and laying off a pass, but no; your right he is not creative, but he does everything else brilliantly that will do for me, their are others in the team who can do the creative bit.

You're entirely missing my point.

You're entirely missing my point.
No, I am not. You are expecting players to do more than they are being asked by the manager. They all have roles from the defensive through the midfield to the forwards. That is the point you are missing, Kante is not being asked or expected to be a 'creative' midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669