Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BN's point is that Kante is an excellent fit for our system and when/if he moves he might find things a bit more difficult and a system that plays less to his strengths. Nothing controversial about that view whatsoever.

Benteke, though less talented than Kante, is a good example of this. Looks half the player at Liverpool.

BN's point is that Kante is an excellent fit for our system and when/if he moves he might find things a bit more difficult and a system that plays less to his strengths. Nothing controversial about that view whatsoever.

Benteke, though less talented than Kante, is a good example of this. Looks half the player at Liverpool.

Quite. so why is Kante being asked to do something more, ie being 'creative' ? Which has never been his role.

Have you ever thought about the reason Arsenal dont win the league?

Its because they haven't got someone like Kante to allow them to play their style.

Kante would improve every single team in this league regardless of their style.

I am sure that most of the squad are aware that the 'Band of Brothers' mentality has made the whole much greater than the sum of the parts.

So I am puzzled why Kante is not happy here. He will be offered a much improved contract. The way we play is setup for him to be brilliant in our system.

Morgan, for instance, is only so good BECAUSE he has Simpson, Huth, Fuchs and Schmeichel with him. Would he be as good in any other team? Probably not, and while he is invaluable to us his resale value is probably a few millions tops. With the exception of Schmeichel, who I would guess we could sell for £15million, if we sold that back four as individuals, I would be surprised if we could get £10million for all four of them. If you sold them as a complete unit I would estimate their value to be at least £30million.

Vardy could not just drop into any other team and be an instant success. Just look at the way Woy ignores his strengths!

Mahrez is probably our only truly world class player who genuinely can do stuff that only Messi can do.

That may be the release clause price to 'unlock' him, but my question was, ' Is he worth £22million'? Considering we only paid £8million for Okazaki, which was thought by many to be too much, I just question his value. Maybe we have just been spoilt by stuff like Mahrez for £400,000 and now worth nearer £40million.

This one player is going to cost as much as our entire starting XI last season cost! I do not care that the big 4/5/6 will pay £40million+ for an average player. I do not us to get sucked into that game.

Will he put in a shift like Kante or Okazaki? Will he be as fast as Vardy? Can he cross the ball as well as Albrighton? Can he dribble past 3 or 4 defenders and score a goal like the magical Mahrez?

In fact, can he do all of the above, because those 5 amazing players only cost us £14million!

Mahrez is probably our only truly world class player who genuinely can do stuff that only Messi can do.

It's all about opinions is football

I happen to think that Kante is one of the best players I've ever seen play live. Truly exceptional, and capable of playing in any side across Europe

Mahrez is mesmeric on his day, but too many examples of simply not turning up

Kante is the dog's cobblers

I happen to think that Kante is one of the best players I've ever seen play live. Truly exceptional, and capable of playing in any side across Europe

If Mahrez turned up every game he'd be playing for Barca or Real and be in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo. I'm happy for him to have the odd game where he doesn't turn up :)

I agree. I genuinely believe he could get into any team in world football, and would be in my top 10 best players in the world right now.

That may be the release clause price to 'unlock' him, but my question was, ' Is he worth £22million'? Considering we only paid £8million for Okazaki, which was thought by many to be too much, I just question his value. Maybe we have just been spoilt by stuff like Mahrez for £400,000 and now worth nearer £40million.

This one player is going to cost as much as our entire starting XI last season cost! I do not care that the big 4/5/6 will pay £40million+ for an average player. I do not us to get sucked into that game.

Will he put in a shift like Kante or Okazaki? Will he be as fast as Vardy? Can he cross the ball as well as Albrighton? Can he dribble past 3 or 4 defenders and score a goal like the magical Mahrez?

In fact, can he do all of the above, because those 5 amazing players only cost us £14million!

All interesting points but unfortunately irrelevant at this point. We can't find every single one of our players for less then £10m and expect them to be world class. At some point we will actually have to spend big to get the right players in because we are no longer playing every match as the underdogs.
In many ways you need to start bringing in players used to winning at the highest level.

But also think about it this way... The same people who paid £1m for Vardy, £400k for Mahrez etc think this guy is worth spending £23m on! So imagine how highly they must rate him...

Plus he has Champions League experience.

Also as good as those players have been, they had the 'luxury' of joining in the Championship and growing with us. We're now champions and in the Champuons Leagie and looking for someone who can come in and make an instant impact.

It always intrigues that Manchester City are now a massive club financially and can pay the highest wages yet have only been so for a very short period of time.

Not so long ago they were, like us, in the third division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669