Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimani is definitely on his way out but its just a case of where now. You'd assume it'd be us but you never know with football.

With Drinkwater, Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray, Kapustka, Mendy, King, james, Amartey, Schlupp and now Silva our midfield is looking tasty!

Vardy, Okazaki. Musa, Ulloa and potentially Slimani is a strong set of forwards.

Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Chilwell, Wasilewski, Hernandez, Amartey, Benlouane means that defence is a priority especially if Benny moves on.

You'd have thought a player that gave you 15 years and his whole football life would get some leniency to go to a British CL team.

Slimani is definitely on his way out but its just a case of where now. You'd assume it'd be us but you never know with football.

With Drinkwater, Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray, Kapustka, Mendy, King, james, Amartey, Schlupp and now Silva our midfield is looking tasty!

Vardy, Okazaki. Musa, Ulloa and potentially Slimani is a strong set of forwards.

Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Chilwell, Wasilewski, Hernandez, Amartey, Benlouane means that defence is a priority especially if Benny moves on.

Do we have two Amartez' like we had two Kantes, or is he just moving into the midfield role? ;)

If he went to a historically big club like Man Yoo or Arsenal or whatever then Sporting fans might not have a problem....but we're still little old Leicester and we don't have the same respect (and rightly so) that the more successful clubs do.

thoughts on Adrien from my Portuguese Sporting Lisbon friend:

Passion, hard work and dedication are the first things that come to mind when thinking about Adrien. He'll run his mouth sometimes and pick up some silly carvings, but the man leaves it all on the pitch every game. Motor like no tomorrow. He can shut down the best of them in the midfield, and while he's no maestro creator or anything he makes good decisions with the ball and is a decent finisher. Good at converting penalties. He'll be a fan favourite. Another one I'm gutted to see go, but again, I've heard 25 M€, who's to argue

Top and his dad are no fools.

They know it may be several years before we play in the CL again so they are going all out to go as far as we can in the competition this season. Really exciting. It may even be that players we have recently bought (e.g. Mendy) fall by the wayside just as Inler and Benouyane have done.

Hope your right Cate, that according to reports would be an outlay in excess of 50 Million euros, bloody hell.

And they're just for the bench. :001:

This is insane I never thought I would see the day we won the league, now we are going flat out for the Champions League? I must have had an accident and I'm in a coma dreaming all this.

I have no idea where all this is suddenly coming from but it's extremely exciting.

What's even better is that we aren't being linked with a totally different style of player. We're just being linked with better players that have unbelievable stamina. Maybe we are selling on how we surprised the prem, and why can't we do it in the CL as well?

Hold your excitement. Here is a translated press release from Sporting:

Press Release sporting clube de Portugal -

In view of all the news that we have had throughout the day on the successive interventions of representatives of the player Adrien Silva in the media, the sporting sad see you obliged to clarify the following:

1-since the player has renewed its contract in February 2016 involving large sums of money, which was absolutely clear that this extension of the attachment to the sporting cp meant that Adrien Silva would be at the club until the end of his career . This has been said and clearly expressed by the president of the sporting cp to the player, the father of the athlete and their representatives before you consummate the renewal of the contract.

2-besides the player Adrien Silva gave an interview on the 23th of may in that said it wouldn't come out of the sporting without being an absolute champion, in line with what is awake since then.

3-never, throughout these months, was forwarded to the president of the sporting cp any intention or concrete proposal for the exit of Adrien Silva of the club nor the president met with the father of the athlete or their representatives for this purpose, for what If someone's been playing the player were their representatives and not the sporting cp.

4-Adrien Silva is a player of the sporting cp, with contract, professional, that will always respect the club that was formed as a man and as an athlete, as well as to all who see in him like an example to follow.

5-the sporting cp, and in particular its president, will always have the defence of the interests of the club but also the defence of their assets as maximum note of their actions.

6-it is understandable that, at this stage, the agents and representatives of the athletes are destabilising factor and huge pressure on the players, never should the club and your associates are bound to have the love for the same by actions that only happen for Influence of third parties.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-move-to-leicester-city-from-sporting-lisbon

Not often Sky Sports make idle speculation (although they did get caught with Vardy ) interesting signings with these two I thing CR is looking at the Champs league with these two in mind they will add real quality to our squad and give him a few headache selections.

I still think we are in need of a quality CD if Huth or Wes get injured we are up shit creek big style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669