Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rob Dorsett missed off the "0." in front of that 9.

Apparently we're back in for Acerbi too.

Do people think that's all we need? We've added the defensive mid we need, is one centre back enough? Do we need more for anywhere else?

I agree Skitzo, I think we need another RB as a slightly greater priority to another CB. We do have cover at CB; both with Was & Hernandez AND Nibili and Amartey if needed. At RB however...

Given Simpson's tendency to get carded on a fairly regular basis, the weakness in the squad is too easily exposed. Hernandez, despite being an OK footballer, is not really a RB... even though he played there for us in the Champions League.

if we are sticking with this 433 system I see no reason not to look at converting Albrighton to an attacking full back, he has the discipline to do the defensive work and would allow for someone with more trickery to be played in the front 3

Hernandez out on loan wouldn't bother me. Amartey can play at right back (and has, against Norwich) if needed. Not ideal, accepted, as Amartey is carving out a niche for himself in the midfield but it'd work and we have - how odd I should be saying this - a number of midfield options now.

Hernandez out on loan wouldn't bother me. Amartey can play at right back (and has, against Norwich) if needed. Not ideal, accepted, as Amartey is carving out a niche for himself in the midfield but it'd work and we have - how odd I should be saying this - a number of midfield options now.

Simpson won't play every game for the rest of this season. Do you think that Amartey has shown enough at RB to give you confidence in him playing there? And if the worst happens and Simpson has a longer term injury would you want amartey to be the full time RB with no back up? Personally I want an RB in even if we don't sell or loan any of our players. As for amartey I think he could be a cover CB more than a cover RB.

I'd happily sell Ulloa for the right price and wish him all the very best elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669