mouldy walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course it could be dead bodies that have been plastered into your wall and have now started decomposing. Might be worth checking out.

got a similar thing but we get damp/mould patches in the bottom corners of the rooms which are on the outside corner wall and also a bit of mould around the lower part of the windows where theyve been fitted - not sure if that makes sense to me or not hopefully someone will know what ive put :icon_conf:)

There is a spray you can get which gets rid of it for a few months,bit cheaper than having the problem treated proffesionally

we have been recommended some stuff you 'paint' on the outside brickwork its like a weathershield product i think

The best solution is ventilation. The problem is usually down to fitting high spec windows etc in older houses and then people not opening the windows enough to ventilate the space. Also make sure your trickle vents (the ones at the tops of the windows) are open at all times. Also use a fungicidal spray to help clear the problem up.

The best solution is ventilation. The problem is usually down to fitting high spec windows etc in older houses and then people not opening the windows enough to ventilate the space. Also make sure your trickle vents (the ones at the tops of the windows) are open at all times. Also use a fungicidal spray to help clear the problem up.

Would foot spray work?

Dont EVER paint your brickwork with ANYTHING. Seriously it's not a good idea.

Totally agree, can’t believe anyone would suggest to stop the brickwork from breathing.

got a similar thing but we get damp/mould patches in the bottom corners of the rooms which are on the outside corner wall and also a bit of mould around the lower part of the windows where theyve been fitted - not sure if that makes sense to me or not hopefully someone will know what ive put :icon_conf:)

Yes, just the same as us

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason that the mould is on the inside of an outside wall is because those walls are colder so they attract the condensation in the air.

As for fungicidal spray, you don't need it, just mix 1 part bleach with 4 parts water.

I'm a painter and decorator, I deal with these things regularly.

The reason that the mould is on the inside of an outside wall is because those walls are colder so they attract the condensation in the air.

As for fungicidal spray, you don't need it, just mix 1 part bleach with 4 parts water.

I'm a painter and decorator, I deal with these things regularly.

Doesn't the bleach just "bleach" the stuff white and then you cover it with paint?:102::icon_wink

Doesn't the bleach just "bleach" the stuff white and then you cover it with paint?:102::icon_wink

No, it'll kill the mould, then you wash the stuff off....then you cover it with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669