New car Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at getting the new Focus Zetec, I have a test drive booked for Sat.

However does anyone know the best way to haggle a main dealership for a new car?

Ta

Sorry Scarbs, no I don't.

Could you update the Sven stat though please? Thanks :)

Call all the local dealers and tell them the spec you want, see what they come back with. Also try DriveTheDeal, you can get some great savings via there.

I am looking at getting the new Focus Zetec, I have a test drive booked for Sat.

However does anyone know the best way to haggle a main dealership for a new car?

Ta

Make sure you know the what car Target price before going to the dealer. I have used this to drop the starting price in the negotiation

Last edited:
A mate of mine went to the BMW dealership to get his Mrs a new mini.
Whilst she was looking at the minis, he had a look at the new 320d tourer.

Salesman came over, said, nice car isn't it sir?
Mate, yes but too expensive.
Salesman, what do you mean?
Mate, I've got 19k to buy a new volvo, Like the 320 but too dear.
Salesman,If we could match the price, would you be interested.
Mate, could be
Salesman, Wait a minute sir.

Few minutes later, salesmanager came over, showed him some 320d tourers that were part of a cancelled fleet order.
Long shot, mate got a £30+k car for £19k

Why does anyone spend that much money on a new car? I don't understand why anybody would throw that much money at instant depreciation.

Why does anyone spend that much money on a new car? I don't understand why anybody would throw that much money at instant depreciation.

£30K car for £19K, most of the depreciation has already been dealt with.

It's the servicing bills I would worry about.

scarby, don't buy that.
I've got a great 407 sportswagon, only 70,000 on the clock, 56 plate, fdsh, long mot & tax, excellent car.
Changed jobs and car allowance not an option (company car only) so have to sell.
only 6k!

Attachments

• IMG_1726.jpg
    IMG_1726.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 87
I was told that salesmen often have quarterly targets to meet so if you catch the timing right and find a saleman who needs a sale to get a bonus you might get a good deal. How you find that out I've no idea !

Certainly doing your homework, finding out the deals from other garages, printing stuff off the internet and taking it with you and asking if they can price match certainly has worked for us even when comparing with garages that are miles away.

there was an interesting article in the motoring section of today's telegraph scarbs, talking about the good discounts available at ford dealerships at the moment. 27% minimum.

but a nice peugeot would be better.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570