New ex-players (and managers) thread

Palace: promoted to EPL
Blackpool (Blackpool!): promoted to EPL
QPR: Promoted to Championship
Plymouth: Promoted to Championship
He probably did some good stuff for Bristol Rovers too.

That he couldn't achieve a great escape given a few months at what was at the time a comedy club is no reflection on his ability

That he couldn't achieve a great escape given a few months at what was at the time a comedy club is no reflection on his ability

There was no great escape to be achieved. We were not in a relegation battle when he took over. We were looking solid under Megson. It was Holloway who brought us in to that mess and then built up a narrative that he was snookered from the start and couldn't possibly have done any better. That's complete bollocks.

Won three from nine with the most abysmal of defensive formations, Megson was utter gash and every right-minded fan would have offered him a lift to his new job.

We were absolutely not "looking solid".

Holloway was relegated with Leicester, QPR & Blackpool and sacked by Millwall & Palace with the clubs in the relegation places is that a reflection of his ability?

I bet you were one of those who waved their trainers in the air.

I can only assume you forgot that he put a 37 year old Barry Hayles on the wing for several games, and decided to give an 18 year old kid a debut in one of the biggest games in our history whilst playing him out of position?

He was by no way fully responsible for us getting relegated that season, but my god he was a big part.

Harry ****ing Worley

I bet you were one of those who waved their trainers in the air.

I can only assume you forgot that he put a 37 year old Barry Hayles on the wing for several games, and decided to give an 18 year old kid a debut in one of the biggest games in our history whilst playing him out of position?

He was by no way fully responsible for us getting relegated that season, but my god he was a big part.

That was Pearson's fault, whose Southampton team won that last day instead of losing, and relegating us!

Can anyone tell me what this shoe waving incident I'm supposed to have taken part in was? The problem was that by the time he was appointed the club was simply done for. If Holloway had been appointed instead of Martin Allen, there's no way we'd have been relegated

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663