New ex-players (and managers) thread

Shoe waving was Sheffield Utd away, fans sang shoes off if you love Leicester whilst holding a shoe in the air, Holloway joined in, we were 3-0 down & playing with 10 men at the time

If Holloway had been appointed instead of Martin Allen, there's no way we'd have been relegated
And we wouldn't have won the League 9 years later. Best blessing in disguise ever.

Can anyone tell me what this shoe waving incident I'm supposed to have taken part in was? The problem was that by the time he was appointed the club was simply done for. If Holloway had been appointed instead of Martin Allen, there's no way we'd have been relegated
The shoe waving was a quick and easy method of identifying morons, idiots, dolts, cretins, mongies (blue) or simpletons. During our worst ever season, they did it a lot at home and away.

And I don't believe you are one. While Holloway might be a special kind of ****nugget, he didn't cause the crisis at the club. Rob Kelly bred a toxic changing room culture, fusing entitlement with indolence. Mandaric, a proto post-truth Trump, if ever football had one, is the kind of spectacular business mind you get if you only breed from The Apprentice gene pool.

I remember arguing at the time for Holloway to be kept on, I was sick of the constant change in management. Not for his ability, I was happy he'd not take us into the 4th, just for some damn stability. But no, we got Pea Son. Bloody Pea Son.

SHOO-ZOFF! IF YA LUV LESTOH!

Terrible.

I have to say, there might be something to jb's argument that a lot of the damage was done before Holloway arrived. Campbell, Cort, Newton, Kishishev, Clemence, Kaebi, Chambers, Hayes, N'Gotty, Nielsen, Sappleton, Hellings, Ferreira, Kenton were already taking up enormous space in our wage budget before he got here. They weren't shit because of him. They were just not good enough for what the chairman and the manager at the time wanted to achieve. Problem is, what he brought in was not only no better, but in some cases far worse. He made the mistake of trying to turn a lower-mid table side into promotion chasers immediately, rather than making the best of what he had and making his own changes between seasons.

That said, citing Holloway's up and down record certainly doesn't constitute evidence that he's a good manager. He isn't. He's a chancer who has occasionally had success when he's had the good fortune to have been handed money and/or a decent squad. Several people killed our 2007-8 season. Holloway, while not the main culprit, most definitely was not blameless.

never should have let him go.

Resisting the temptation to shove that kid's chip butty where the sun don't shine speaks volumes for Waggy's self-control. If only his feet were connected to his brain in the same way.

Sure I heard a commentator at the weekend say that Kanté has only lost 5 prem games in his career.

3 against Arsenal and 2 against Liverpool.

Extraordinary fact if true.

Sure I heard a commentator at the weekend say that Kanté has only lost 5 prem games in his career.

3 against Arsenal and 2 against Liverpool.

Extraordinary fact if true.

Would be pretty impressive for him to have lost more

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669