New ex-players (and managers) thread

Unclear what he's standing on.

Never mind what he's standing on, what's that in his lefthand? Do the players have to join in the beatings-for-uppity-women at the new club?

Never mind what he's standing on, what's that in his lefthand? Do the players have to join in the beatings-for-uppity-women at the new club?

Is he about to beat the shit out of a fox with an actual ball and chain?! He may as well be holding a ripped out heart or just a wad of cash instead of that scarf.

****ing bizarre, and an utter waste of talent. Walks into most teams in this league still*.

****ing hate this Saudi league shit.

*By "this league", I meant the Prem. Temporarily forgot our place. **** and more ****.

Is he about to beat the shit out of a fox with an actual ball and chain?! He may as well be holding a ripped out heart or just a wad of cash instead of that scarf.

****ing bizarre, and an utter waste of talent. Walks into most teams in this league still*.

****ing hate this Saudi league shit.

*By "this league", I meant the Prem. Temporarily forgot our place. **** and more ****.

It is quite funny to see Henderson end up there though.

It is quite funny to see Henderson end up there though.
It is. He’s really pissed off the LBTQ+ community (and rightly so) after his support for the rainbow armband campaign while Liverpool captain.

I don’t care if people don’t support a cause, or if they take money from an immoral regime. I just enjoy when their hypocrisy is clear for all to see.

It is. He’s really pissed off the LBTQ+ community (and rightly so) after his support for the rainbow armband campaign while Liverpool captain.

I don’t care if people don’t support a cause, or if they take money from an immoral regime. I just enjoy when their hypocrisy is clear for all to see.

Exactly, Henderson has been a poster boy for player morality - his support for LGBTQ, his comments against the Qatar World Cup, etc

And then he goes to play in a country that not only doesn't give a shit about any of that stuff, but will likely stick him in prison and/or cut his hands and/or head and/or bollocks off if he speaks out on those things while he's there.

I don't find it funny though, I find it ****ing sad.

Exactly, Henderson has been a poster boy for player morality - his support for LGBTQ, his comments against the Qatar World Cup, etc

And then he goes to play in a country that not only doesn't give a shit about any of that stuff, but will likely stick him in prison and/or cut his hands and/or head and/or bollocks off if he speaks out on those things while he's there.

the sad thing about it is football and footballers using causes they couldn't give 2 shits about for personal gain. It makes a mockery of the suffering etc those they've pretended to care about have had to endure. Still won't top the England squad backing down from a weak half arsed gesture in that pretend world cup thing because Kane might get a yellow card.

interview with Joe Dodoo, now training on his own looking for a club after leaving Burton a few months ago.

Made his City debut alongside Fuchs and Kante the night he scored a hat-trick. But I had completely forgotten Gokhan Inler won a PL medal for us - 5 appearances before Ngolo came and took his place.

Except of course if you offer me £700k a week.

So many on here with such high morals
Bet you’d all **** off for the money
I honestly wouldn’t.

How much is enough? Will his life be much better getting £700k a week than £200k a week? Surely it gets to a certain point where the benefit of the additional money just plateaus.

interview with Joe Dodoo, now training on his own looking for a club after leaving Burton a few months ago.

Made his City debut alongside Fuchs and Kante the night he scored a hat-trick. But I had completely forgotten Gokhan Inler won a PL medal for us - 5 appearances before Ngolo came and took his place.

That was a good interview.

Which he played in anyway. Again, don’t blame him for playing at a World Cup but shut the **** up about it.

Same goes for taking the money. I’ve no issue at all with that, and yes, maybe some/most of us would do the same. But I wouldn’t be a complete hypocrite about it.

I honestly wouldn’t.

How much is enough? Will his life be much better getting £700k a week than £200k a week? Surely it gets to a certain point where the benefit of the additional money just plateaus.
Not if you could positively impact that lives of your extended family.

I honestly wouldn’t.

Thats the problem though.

We can't possibly get our heads round it.

Over the course of his career Henderson has probably made over 70/80M quid. More than every member of this forum could probably earn combined given ten lifetimes.

You'd tell the Saudis to shove it up their arses. So would I.

But thats just it, we'll never get the chance.

Henderson, like most modern players, started his career as an 8 year old at an academy. He's lived his entire life in a bubble where he's been told that winning & earning & being the best is all that matters. Expecting him to have a moral code or a sense of decency is like expecting a leopard to be vegan.

We say the same stuff about billionaires : " I'd **** it all off after I made enough. Why would anyone make a billion quid & still want more ? "

Simple. They're insane. They have to make another billion because thats how they define themselves. It's the only criterion they have to measure success. & they'll do anything to get it.
They're the modern version of the Egyptian pharoahs or Alexander the Great or the Caesars. They want to control everything & have everything & they'll destroy anything & anyone that gets in their way. Up to & including decimating entire communities , devastating entire regions & economies & causing (directly or indirectly) deaths & displacement by the thousands (or even millions)

Remember that scene in American History X ? Ed Norton is the billionaires. The guy biting the kerbstone is the rest of us.

Footballers, along with other undeserving entitled elite enclaves are the mini me version of that.

Henderson has always been about the money, that's why he jumped on the LGBQT bandwagon as it was the in thing to do at the time and made him more marketable to sponsors etc - as if some mackem who can barely spell his name gives a shit, or has ever given a shit about it.

And the Saudis are basically like that adolescent teenager that had an inexplicable fear of homosexuality but you know they love a pokey bum wank really and probably have massive orgies between them.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663