New ex-players (and managers) thread

Reflecting on Rodgers, enormous money aside it must be humiliating to go back to Celtic. To drop them then have to crawl back.

Reflecting on Rodgers, enormous money aside it must be humiliating to go back to Celtic. To drop them then have to crawl back.

And, by the looks of it, to be doing a shit job of it too.

I said it at some point last season, but I think missing out on that 4th place finish with us in such a depressing way - and doing the same thing in consecutive seasons - destroyed BR mentally. I think he's associated so much with Liverpool's title miss and the Slippy G moment, that then being a nearly man yet again with us twice just ruined him, and he can't come back from it.

A combination of that mental side and perhaps his tactics being outdated or just a stubbornness that his ideas will work when they're not, and I think that's why he's got to this point.

How things have started for him at Celtic so far looks like he might be done.*

*although "done" for a football manager often means although he'll never get a top job or any real success again, he'll probably still get offered a lifeline by a struggling & desperate Premier League side for the next 5-10 seasons.

And, by the looks of it, to be doing a shit job of it too.

I said it at some point last season, but I think missing out on that 4th place finish with us in such a depressing way - and doing the same thing in consecutive seasons - destroyed BR mentally. I think he's associated so much with Liverpool's title miss and the Slippy G moment, that then being a nearly man yet again with us twice just ruined him, and he can't come back from it.

A combination of that mental side and perhaps his tactics being outdated or just a stubbornness that his ideas will work when they're not, and I think that's why he's got to this point.

How things have started for him at Celtic so far looks like he might be done.*

*although "done" for a football manager often means although he'll never get a top job or any real success again, he'll probably still get offered a lifeline by a struggling & desperate Premier League side for the next 5-10 seasons.

Yeah, he's got that look you could see on the face of Little or Adams.

We've always had a way about us for ruining a manager.

Luke Shaw is supposed to be out for while, but I'm sure [!] there are better options, but you have to love it though

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663