New phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Alright guys,

Looking at getting a new phone at the end of the month, and think I'm gonna get a Blackberry. A couple of mates have them and they seem alright. I don't fancy an iphone. Any recommendations? Are the Blackberrys actually any good or not?

I hear lots of good things about blackberrys, but it sound like if you're not going for one of the top-range ones then they can be a bit iffy.

Still if you don't want an iphone its that or a HTC- which have google's android on. Good system- but it depends how much you need it for emails.

I hear lots of good things about blackberrys, but it sound like if you're not going for one of the top-range ones then they can be a bit iffy.

Still if you don't want an iphone its that or a HTC- which have google's android on. Good system- but it depends how much you need it for emails.

Or a Samsung Galaxy S which also runs Android.

Alright guys,

Looking at getting a new phone at the end of the month, and think I'm gonna get a Blackberry. A couple of mates have them and they seem alright. I don't fancy an iphone. Any recommendations? Are the Blackberrys actually any good or not?

Do not touch a blackberry, more trouble than they are worth

Or a Samsung Galaxy S which also runs Android.

Cheers for the help.

I'm a complete amateur when it comes to technology, so can I ask what is Google Android? And I take it you mean the HTC Desire? I know someone with one of these, I know nothing about it though.

I just want a phone that I can easily access the internet with.

Cheers for the help.

I'm a complete amateur when it comes to technology, so can I ask what is Google Android? And I take it you mean the HTC Desire? I know someone with one of these, I know nothing about it though.

Android is an operating system for phones from Google, it does pretty much what iOS does but is more open. The internet access is good and there are plenty of free apps on their integrated store. Here is a list of google phones, newer ones running version 2.2 are the best.

http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...nes=0&sColor=&StandBy=0&TalkTime=0&sFreeText=

Make sure you get a contract with free internet access.

Last edited:
Cheers for the help.

My son's had his Blackberry Curve for a couple of months now and absolutely loves it. Nearly all his mates have them, so they can use the 'chat' thingy on it. He pays £22.50 a month and gets unlimited texts, email, internet and 300 minutes. Suits his needs perfectly.

My son's had his Blackberry Curve for a couple of months now and absolutely loves it. Nearly all his mates have them, so they can use the 'chat' thingy on it. He pays £22.50 a month and gets unlimited texts, email, internet and 300 minutes. Suits his needs perfectly.

My elder daughter has this too and loves it. She also uses the chat thing a lot.

My younger daughter has had a Samsung Galaxy S for a month and loves it.

I have a 6 year old Nokia and love that too. My fingers don't suit the Blackberry keyboard.

We're a happy family :icon_lol:

My elder daughter has this too and loves it. She also uses the chat thing a lot.

My younger daughter has had a Samsung Galaxy S for a month and loves it.

I have a 6 year old Nokia and love that too. My fingers don't suit the Blackberry keyboard.

We're a happy family :icon_lol:

I regret giving up my Samsung U600. I've gone back to Samsung with the Monte which is the closest 'new' phone I could find to the U600. All I want from a phone is to make calls and the odd text (my eldest spends more time using his phone than his laptop now). I must be getting old :icon_lol:

I got a blackberry, its prefect for my use, all my mates and family in England got on too so i can "Ping" them for free, and the sports center app is excellent for checking football for all over the world, as well the facebook and Linked In app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669