Newcastle Utd - 31/08/09 - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

7.45pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 2800 tickets for this fixture.

Adults - £25
Students & Seniors - £19
Under 18 - £13

17th Aug - P1
18th Aug - P2
19th Aug - P3
20th Aug - Membership
21st Aug - General Sale

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel are now SOLD OUT

Directions & Parking:

Approx 185 Miles - 3½ hours

M1 north to J32, join M18 to J2, the join A1 north .....

Leave the A1 (motorway) at J65, but remain on A1 (non motorway), at the junctions with A184 turn right, leave the A184 and follow in to A6082 over the tyne, continue along Blenheim Road (A6082) until you meet with Gallowgate. The ground will be directly in front of you.

The Grounds Guide isn't offering any details on Newcastle at all. I've only been once and this was via train / metro. Fitz ?? HELP :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Trains:

Not possible to return to Leicester on the train after the game. If you wish to travel by train and are planning a stay-over reply to this thread and I will look for the cheapest singles available.

Pubs:

As the ground is very close to the city centre, there is plenty on offer only a short 5-10 min walk away.

Last edited:
With this match being on Sky, do you think there might be a chance of a P3 getting tickets?

Last edited:
Any help with trains. Sorting out an overnight stay but the prices for the train are frankly sky high. I've been advised that there are currently some humdinger of roadworks in Newcastle atm.

You have be a student Harbro regardless of age. You could be as young as 17 or as old as 50.

I'm an U18 thanks mate and I'm P1 but my mate has been lent someones P1 and the P1 season tickets holder is 20 years old so I was wondering how much my mate would have to pay?

I'm an U18 thanks mate and I'm P1 but my mate has been lent someones P1 and the P1 season tickets holder is 20 years old so I was wondering how much my mate would have to pay?

Depends how wise the ticket office person is to your attempt. I am in the same boat but given the stature and demand of this game, I suspect they will be right up on enforcing the rules are followed. So your mate will have to probably pay full whack but surely you could have the difference?

Are you in post 16 Harboro?

Depends how wise the ticket office person is to your attempt. I am in the same boat but given the stature and demand of this game, I suspect they will be right up on enforcing the rules are followed. So your mate will have to probably pay full whack but surely you could have the difference?

Next year I am mate.

Yeah that will be the best idea I think, annoying though but only fair I suppose.

I can't imagine there will be a massive following for this one. Evening game and on TV.

I can't imagine there will be a massive following for this one. Evening game and on TV.

I disagree, I know loads of people who are trying to go to this and a lot of them don't even support Leicester.

Last edited:
Any help with trains. Sorting out an overnight stay but the prices for the train are frankly sky high. I've been advised that there are currently some humdinger of roadworks in Newcastle atm.

Prices for trains between leicester and newcastle are always bad....either that or I am doing something wrong. the roadworks are pretty bad but it depends how much you fancy exploring as to whether you can avoid this a bit easier, leaving the A1 before Wrekenton is probably the best bet and then heading through from that direction crossing the Tyne Bridge

As for local trains when in Newcastle Chris, I wouldn't arse myself. Its £1.40 off peak for what probably takes longer than walking from Central station up to St James.

Wouldn't as much agree with there being plenty to offer near the station, many places are gay bars or ones I would avoid like the plague. Turning left leaving central station you will find the 'Pink Triangle', crossing straight over the road there are a few bars that I would recommend as being safer options such as Union Rooms or Head of Steam. They are also accompanied by such places as Gotham Town, The Lounge, Yates and Raffertys which should be avoided as they don't tend to attract the most pleasant custom. I will be drinking in my new local, Tilleys, and possibly The Bodega which are both on Westgate Road and have better atmosphere and pints.

For those who get there early enough Newcastle's China Town is pretty decent for folks who prefer more exotic foods than Greggs pasties or rancid fish and chips

:icon_lol: hope this helps

Fitz, is the Holiday Inn Express in the Pink Triangle by any chance?

is and isn't really, its sort of seperated by a block of flats on the other side so you should be unable to get a whiff from there.

Prices for trains between leicester and newcastle are always bad....

It's often cheaper to split the journey into two. For example Leicester - Newark, then Newark to Newcastle.
At the moment there are cheaper tickets to Newcastle on 31/8 doing this, returning the following day. Still expensive though, probably would have been cheaper a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566