Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

Although Tops official stance is "no rush", i would of thought if the new manager is currently out of work he would surely have been in post by now. Obtaining a currently employed manager is when these things become messy and time consuming. I would expect an official approach to Huddersfield or (Hull) shortly, my biggest concern is the "image to ASIA" that may prompt a big name rather than the right man for the job

In the interviews he's done recently, he says he doesn't care about getting a big name, just someone who can get them winning games and promoted from the division.

I think it was an EMT interview, where he said fans in Asia won't care who the manager is if Leicester start winning games and get promoted.

fitz

Am I the only one concerned that Pearson's style of play wouldn't work with our current set of players?

Mike - True Blue Tinter

In the interviews he's done recently, he says he doesn't care about getting a big name, just someone who can get them winning games and promoted from the division.

I think it was an EMT interview, where he said fans in Asia won't care who the manager is if Leicester start winning games and get promoted.

I wonder if the same applies here to our fans?

Lako42

Am I the only one concerned that Pearson's style of play wouldn't work with our current set of players?

The main thing that worries me Is the amount of people who actually think Pearson is a step forward. I remember him distinctly lacking any type of plan B, what a roundabout move.

Last edited:

Ian Marshall

The main thing that worries me Is the amount of people who actually think Pearson is a step forward. I remember him distinctly lacking any type of plan B, what a roundabout move.

Sometimes there was barely a plan A.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. This would be a mistake.

Filthy Rich

Banned

Don't worry, there's more chance of Jimmy Bloomfield coming back.

spionfox

We need a manager and bloody soon, it'll do us no good to keep playing games with caretakers in charge. They really ought to have waited til this glut of games was finished in order to do any reshuffling.

My feelings as well. Unless the new Manager was waiting in the wings Top should have waited until the International break.

FOX Franks

Pearson would be a bad call. Decent manager but has hi favourite players- he's shown he's not really got too much imagination by basically signing the squad he had here (i know it was only a few, but hush). No thanks. Lee Clark? Sounds good to me. Plenty to prove, clearly has ability, would he cope with such money and expectation though? Only one way to find out!

Lako42

Getting seriously bored.

Graz

I don't really see how people can be anti-Pearson...

In his two seasons in charge, we got promoted and reached the playoffs. It might not have been the prettiest football, but I'd prefer to win games personally.

I do question how he'd get on with our current players though.... but the style of play previously may be because that's what he had to work with.

I'd be happier with Nige coming back than most other names mentioned. Still don't think it will happen though.

Profondo Rosso

The hoofball we played under Pearson is complete revisionism. I never remember people moaning about it at the time. Most people here were over the moon and incredibly excited about the direction we were heading under Pearson.

We played pretty standard Championship style football under NP, I can remember us playing some really good stuff, I remember coming back from beating Scunthorpe 5-1 and people saying we were playing "playstation football" out there that game.

I also disagree with the "no plan B, or barely a plan A" stuff also. I can't count the amount of times we went behind and Pearson made a substitution or a HT team talk and we came back on won. One of his main strengths as a manager was his ability to change something to get a point or 3 out of what looked like a losing situation.

Last edited:

SilverFox

I don't understand negativity in relation to Perason either.

The best manager for this club since O'Neill in my opinion and I was totally gutted when he was sacked.

I honestly can't see him coming back though...and I can't blame him.

Spanky Fox

This is all Milan's fault!!! He should have never invited PS to watch the Cardiff play-off game with intent to hire him, Also he should have conviced the Thai's that NP was the best man for their plan.

Milan you twat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673