Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teblin

Ithought it might be worth a mention...a friend of mine says that milan was showing some American billionaires around the place yesterday!

Probaly nothing but then again,Milan is getting on a bit

I heard a rumour at the last game of last season that it was the majot shareholder of subway who would buy the club.

I'm not saying there's anything in it, thats what i haven't really said anything.

DesertFox

I am being 100% honest here, I was at the train station with my mate and a couple of americans with loads of luggage and dressed in suits asked us where the front of the train was when it gets to London, we told them and got talking about the match and one was saying he was an Everton fan and the other was City, they were from Atlanta and said to me they were coming over again very soon.
With all due respect, I find it a tad unlikely that American billionaires would be carrying loads of luggage to catch a train from Leicester station. There are two clues in the phrase "American billionaires".

I heard a rumour at the last game of last season that it was the majot shareholder of subway who would buy the club.

I'm not saying there's anything in it.
Meatball marinara covered with melted cheese! That's what's in it.

GazLCFC

I am being 100% honest here, I was at the train station with my mate and a couple of americans with loads of luggage and dressed in suits asked us where the front of the train was when it gets to London, we told them and got talking about the match and one was saying he was an Everton fan and the other was City, they were from Atlanta and said to me they were coming over again very soon.

I can really see them running a successful business if they cant find the front of a train.

GazLCFC

Some trains change direction en-route, so as far as they know the front when it arrives in Leicester may not be the front when it gets to London.

Ok, but if you had a choice would you have asked Harbro for advice?

Harbro-Fox

Legend
With all due respect, I find it a tad unlikely that American billionaires would be carrying loads of luggage to catch a train from Leicester station. There are two clues in the phrase "American billionaires".

Meatball marinara covered with melted cheese! That's what's in it.

I can really see them running a successful business if they cant find the front of a train.

I don't blame you for not believing me but I swear to God I did talk to two americans who were from Atlanta and were smartly dressed and were getting on a direct train to London.

Macky

Gruntled Member
I don't blame you for not believing me but I swear to God I did talk to two americans who were from Atlanta and were smartly dressed and were getting on a direct train to London.

Hang on, so what you're saying is, you spoke to two smartly dressed Americans, who were from Atlanta and were travelling to London?
If you really are telling the truth, then that can only mean one thing

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Hang on, so what you're saying is, you spoke to two smartly dressed Americans, who were from Atlanta and were travelling to London?
If you really are telling the truth, then that can only mean one thing

Oh dear why did I bother, forgot I said anything I can't be arsed to keep explaining myself.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Oh dear why did I bother, forgot I said anything I can't be arsed to keep explaining myself.

But the trouble is Harbro lad, you haven't actually explained yourself at all.
All you've said is that you spoke to two Yanks, what significance are we supposed to place on that?

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
But the trouble is Harbro lad, you haven't actually explained yourself at all.
All you've said is that you spoke to two Yanks, what significance are we supposed to place on that?

That the city of Leicester is in line for a major city centre redevelopment, which will include a 27-tier, 14,500 unit shopping centre (the biggest in Europe), plus fifteen new hotels (one of which is going to have over 900 rooms) around the city, 750,000 new homes, a brand spanking new 110,000-seat football stadium on the land next to the current site and a bid for the 2024 Olympics, all as part of a Georgia-based takeover of LCFC :038: bring on the Septics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669