Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember the rumour? Who printed it as fact?

It was just after O'Neill left, and the made up story I posted on my LCFC site was that Steve Bruce (then at Huddersfield) had been seen meeting our chairman in a hotel.
It was only done to wind up some Huddersfield fans so I was surprised that it made the papers a few days later. I think the Mirror was the first to print it.

From Vital Football

The Times' Gary Jacob has speculated that Leicester and Southampton have both been eyeing Luton Town forward Tom Craddock.

Craddock, who turns 23 in October, signed for Luton in January from Middlesbrough following a loan spell last season in League Two where he scored 10 goals from 27 appearances. After scoring twice on his debut against Grimsby, Craddock went on to win fame as a Wembley goalscorer, grabbing the second Hatters goal in their 3-2 Football League Trophy Final triumph over Scunthorpe United.

Although costing just £80,000 when signed in January, Craddock could command a fee around five times that amount given supposed rival interest from the newly-rich League One Saints.

Times journalist Jacob made the claim in a live transfer talk chat held on the newspaper's website this afternoon.

Leicester are in well-known need of another forward to bolster their attack, although the performance of new signings Dany N'Guessan and loanee Martyn Waghorn on the opening day of the league season against Swansea City have given manager Nigel Pearson much to consider

Sappleton's been at it again on Facebook looooool...

Ricky Sappleton - I WISH I WAS 16 AGAIN SO I COULD CHANGE SOME OF THE DECISION I MADE ESPECIALLY THE BAD FOOTBALL 1'S I MADE

Joe Weston - lol, so just joining Leicester was the bad football decision

Ricky Sappleton - take a wild guest

It's funny, he made his bad decision at exactly the same time that Martin Allen made one of his bad decisions. Uncanny.

Just reading the Man United site...it looks like Cleverley's off the U20 World Cup in a months time. So can't see him going anyway...also it's a threat to Waghorn missing some time for us.

Wish we knew the truth about Kermogant (surely if he was on trial we would have heard on the OS) It seems the Ressies played yesterday but no mention on the OS (Get it sorted Hoos)

Wish we knew the truth about Kermogant (surely if he was on trial we would have heard on the OS) It seems the Ressies played yesterday but no mention on the OS (Get it sorted Hoos)

It was a behind closed doors game. The OS don't normally report on those and I can't remember them ever reporting on trialists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669