Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Not on this thread they don't.

Fair enough. Just going by what I've read on a general football forum I'm on. Most probably they have just posthumously (for want of a better word) changed his reputation.

I'd still be weary of a Mowbray appointment though.

Dave Bassett could steady the ship :icon_wink

I would like to see a shortlist of the following types of names:

Lee Clark
Eddie Howe
Sean O'Driscoll

A couple of untried that I would consider would be Chris Powell and Gary Speed.

However in reality it is far more likely to contain the following:

Phil Brown
Iain Dowie
Paul Ince

I would like to see a shortlist of the following types of names:

Lee Clark
Eddie Howe
Sean O'Driscoll

I agree. A young, hungry manager from the lower league, please. None of this proven failure Ince or Gregory crap. Would also add Paul Tisdale to your list.

We're all wondering why NP wants to go to a club without a pot to piss in.

Any self respecting manager is gonna ask himself do I really want to go to Leicester City? A club that hasn't a pot to piss in but has a chairman that most managers can't work with.

Not exactly going to attract many of the names that have been bandied around so far is it?

We're all wondering why NP wants to go to a club without a pot to piss in.

Any self respecting manager is gonna ask himself do I really want to go to Leicester City? A club that hasn't a pot to piss in but has a chairman that most managers can't work with.

Not exactly going to attract many of the names that have been bandied around so far is it?

I thought the same... and by the sounds of the finances, not sure we could afford much compensation either.

Really wouldn't suprise me to see Powell become manager.

However, for now, I refuse to believe Pearson is leaving.
If England go out on Sunday then Pearson leaves Monday, I think I might go off football for a while!

Given our financial situation I reckon an out-of-work manager is guaranteed. Which is why I favour Curbishley, the boring bugger.

Maybe the only thing wrong with Newts' prediction was the timescale.

Given our financial situation I reckon an out-of-work manager is guaranteed. Which is why I favour Curbishley, the boring bugger.

There must be a reason he's not worked since leaving West Ham, and I don't think the legal case he had with them was it. Maybe he just doesn't want it any more. If we can't afford compensation for Lee Clark, I'd rather give Powell the chance.

Am I right to think that Pearson is on a year's rolling contract, so at least some compensation would come our way?

Last edited:
If anyone suggests Steve Walsh or Steve Claridge they deserve a slap.

The rumours seem to suggest that Pearson wants to take his backroom staff with him, otherwise I'd be very happy with a Shakey/Walsh partnership.

If anyone suggests Steve Walsh or Steve Claridge they deserve a slap.
I had a sneaky look at the "other" forum (I feel dirty now) and wasn't surprised to see a few calls for Walsheh - "cuz he's got pashun" - and Taggart.

:icon_roll Don't put us through this again, Nige...

Anyone who think just because someone was a great player for us, they will be a great manager is an idiot and I have two words for them: Frank McLintock.

Maybe it's just me but absolutely everything about Walshy's personality leads me to believe he would be an awful manager. He just seems like he'd be such an old fashioned negative manager, who would be completely tactically inept.

Last edited:
As MM seems to pick managers at random, I have decided to help him out by randomly picking a shortlist from the list of 64 available managers on the LMA website.

This is the list of 64 managers:

Ablett, Gary
Allen, Martin
Barnes MBE, John
Bassett, Dave
Bracewell, Paul
Branfoot, Ian
Brightwell, Ian
Brown, Phil
Brush, Paul
Buckley, Alan
Coleman, Chris
Cooper, Mark
Curbishley, Alan
Davison, Bobby
Gannon, Jim
Glover, Dean
Gullit, Ruud
Gunn, Bryan
Hart, Paul
Hoddle, Glenn
Hollins MBE, John
Horton, Brian
Hughes OBE, Mark
Ince, Paul
Jackson, Peter
Jewell, Paul
Keegan OBE, Kevin
Lawrence, Lennie
Lee, Colin
Magilton, Jim
McCall, Stuart
Megson, Gary
Mowbray, Tony
Newell, Mike
O'Leary, David
Parkes, Tony
Penney, Dave
Peters, Gary
Quinn, Jimmy
Ratcliffe, Kevin
Richardson, Lee
Ritchie, Andy
Rodger, Graham
Rodgers, Brendan
Roeder, Glenn
Rosenior, Leroy
Sanchez, Lawrie
Simpson, Paul
Smith, Denis
Souness, Graeme
Southgate, Gareth
Staunton, Steve
Sturrock, Paul
Ternent, Stan
Thompson, Steve
Thordarson, Gudjon
Todd, Colin
Trewick, John
Vialli, Gianluca
Williams, Geraint
w*s*, Dennis
Wotte, Mark
Wright, Mark
Zola OBE, Gianfranco

I then asked Random.org to generate five numbers between 1 and 64, to create the shortlist. It gave me 36, 2, 62, 15 and 8.

Counting down the list of managers to each number gives us the following shortlist:

Parkes, Tony
Allen, Martin
Wotte, Mark
Gannon, Jim
Brown, Phil

I think it's safe to say Martin Allen will not make MM's shortlist, so I have selected another to replace him. Random.org has selected number 59: Vialli, Gianluca

So this is our new shortlist:

Parkes, Tony
Wotte, Mark
Gannon, Jim
Brown, Phil
Vialli, Gianluca

I don't want any of them. I think I'll keep going until someone decent comes up. That's what MM does, but he has to pay them off each time before he can get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669