nguessan going to sign 3 years contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear the rule has only been there for about 5 years or so? I'm sure its not been around as long as the Bosman has.

Didn't we get rid of Sheehan in the same way?

It's been around for more than 5 years. It came about as a result of the Bosman ruling but not immediately.

I think it came in around the same time as the current transfer window system... which I realise is longer than 5 years ago now I think about it.

Not sure which thread to put this in. Knowitall.

N'Guessan 90% deal done.
Cox 80% deal done.
Unless the players have a hugh change of heart or they fail the fitness test. I expect both to sign in days.

Stan Collymore is a ****. The only player in a City shirt I have seen who didn't even want to play for us. ****.

You are absolutely right. I have seen some thoroughly inept performances from Malcolm Partridge in 1970 to Carl Cort in 2007 but Colleymore at the start of the 2000-2001 season was the only one I believed deliberately played badly. Peter Taylor called his performance "completely unacceptable" and never picked him again; for once Taylor was right.

They brought in the rule a few years ago that clubs get compensation if their young players leave at the end of their contract. I think it's for players aged 23 and under

Basically yes, so they don't let their contracts run out because of a big club snooping around.

They are only entitled to compensation though if they have offered the player a new contract with terms at least as good as his current contract as far as I know. So for example, if we just decide not to give a youth player a contract, his new club won't have to pay us... but if we've offered him a new deal, then they would.

And as for the last bit about if he'd already been out of contract for a month, I'm pretty sure that yes we'd still have to pay compensation.

You've taken that from Football Manager haven't you - admit it!

You are absolutely right. I have seen some thoroughly inept performances from Malcolm Partridge in 1970 to Carl Cort in 2007 but Colleymore at the start of the 2000-2001 season was the only one I believed deliberately played badly. Peter Taylor called his performance "completely unacceptable" and never picked him again; for once Taylor was right.

But then he did have what i rate to be the single best performance ive seen, so...

Though admittedly my watching City does not stretch back to 1970 as yours does.

To a point, but while everyone knows that Collymore had "issues", you have got to question Taylor's management skills.

MON seemed to know how to handle him & I would guess NP would have achieved this too, but Collymore in his book is more critical of Taylor than any other manager in affecting his mental state.

So Taylor & Collymore, sounds a bit like Allen and his handling of Fryatt (bin him into the youth team after one training session). Look what NP got out of him

Malcolm Partridge - aaargh! it comes flooding back. Thanks for nothing - I'd erased him from my memory!

Oh dear, I thought he was going to sign today!!

Transfers take so long these days, just sign the contract and play for Leicester you...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669