Nigel Worthington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with Worthington.

I was very underwhelmed when we appointed him last time, but he seemed to work out pretty quickly what he needed to do, and he did it.

Was disappointed to see him leave.

It wouldn't have been any worse had we appointed him on a full-time basis.

I think Nigel Worthington would be a totally uninspiring appointment.

But we have to be realistic and we are in the Third Division so we can't expect a lot - and Worthington might do the sort of steadyish job that gets us out of the mire.

I think Nigel Worthington would be a totally uninspiring appointment.

But we have to be realistic and we are in the Third Division so we can't expect a lot - and Worthington might do the sort of steadyish job that gets us out of the mire.

Steadying the ship isn't what MM said he wanted his manager to do. He's looking for somebody to give us back-to-back promotions

Nigel Worthington it is then!

Just find him completely uninspiring. I have never rated the guy. When he was at Norwich I thought they were awful and I think when results went against him he came across as being weak. If its him I hope he proves me wrong but I just can't see it.

At this point I'll accept whoever it is, even if it's John Gregory, and not worry too much about it. Next season is a completely unknown quantity and none of us really know what - or who - it's going to take to get us out of this mess.

Steadying the ship isn't what MM said he wanted his manager to do. He's looking for somebody to give us back-to-back promotions

MM is both a business man selling STs and probably trying to sell the club and also a bit of a fantasist when projecting footballing outcomes.

Decent, uninspired, reasonably competent management could well take us back to the dizzy heights of the the Second Division (alleged 'Championship').

We are so far off having a team that could challenge for promotion to the Premiership that it's a waste of time talking about it at this time - I don't think Nigel Worthington is the manager to take the club very far but he may well have the know-how to get us out of the current mess.

Nigel Worthington - coming ?!

Has anyone else seen (or read - via Newsnow) the article in today's Belfast Telegraph about Worthington and City ?
Nige says in the interview, "I don't want to comment on speculation about the Leicester job". It sounds to me like,"I'm discussing the job now" !
MM's 3/4 day delay,could well be him tying up the deal with Worthington and the Irish FA ?

Re: Nigel Worthington - coming ?!

We probably did need another thread speculating on the next manager...

Re: Nigel Worthington - coming ?!

There's no harm having a thread to discuss the pros and cons for a particular candidate.

I might start one up for David O'Leary!! I'm telling you the man would do a good job. COME ON MILAN get him in :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669