Speculation Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jelavic Crncic sounds like someone who'd want to live like Communist people, to do whatever Communist people do; Want to sleep with Communist people, want to sleep with Communist people like you.

Jelavic Crncic sounds like someone who'd want to live like Communist people, to do whatever Communist people do; Want to sleep with Communist people, want to sleep with Communist people like you.

Is there nothing else to do?

Oh Nikica you will never know anything about my home
Ill never know how weird it feels to watch you
Nikica we need your goals
Oh Nikica is the other side of any transfer bids at any given time
Scoring for ten games in a row
Oh no, Nikica you'll never know

According to Sky Sports, bid was £5m + add ons up to £6.5m. This was rejected but sources expect an increased bid today.

Do you remember the first time (we were linked with a striker)?
I can't remember a worse time.
But you know that we've changed so much since then,
oh yeah,
we've grown.

The Scottish Sun (which we all know is reliable) has reported we could return with an £8million bid.

So this guy is as good as say.... Florent Malouda? Rafael Van Da Vaart?

It's not really a straight or fair comparison. There are players available for 'free' who are likely to be much better than those available at say £100k, but the wagepackets may be very very different.

There are so many things to consider in terms of a transfer fee, the following being just a small selection:

- time left on contract
- club's willingness to sell player
- buying club's willingness (desperation) to buy
- state of transfer market at the time
- perception of the buying club (ie can they be held to ransom)

You also then need to consider not just the total fee itself but the following:

- cost of the player over the term of the contract (ie likely bonuses, wages etc)
- likely resale cost of player (ie players who are young and likely to improve command a premium and those likely to retire at end of contract or deteriorate go for far less)
- the way the fee is structured.

I realise I've picked you out specifically here, but I've seen it elsewhere with people randomly attributing values to players.

Van der Vaart was an absolute steal by the way. That was opportunism from Spurs. You expect that from Harry.

I would agree that looking at it objectively, we seem to be overpaying for players and are being held to ransom. That said, this chap cost Rangers £4million and has gone on to do well for them. It doesn't seem unreasonable in an inflated market for him to be worth say £6million. The extra 30% ish on top of that could be LCFC suffering from the football world knowing we have money and GRFC needing to recoup as much money as possible. But which side will flinch first as the deadline approaches. Do we need the striker more than they need the money?

i'd say yes. Also, it could be tactical. A clear message to Bristol City that we do have other options and are willing to splash out so this could make them rethink the Maynard offer.

Source?

Wasn't Kris Boyd the all time top scorer in the SPL.

He really shone in the fizzy didn't he? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670