Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Release date was announced earlier today.. UK details are as follows..

Release Date: Friday December 8th 2006
Price: RRP £179.99

Console Bundle:

Nintendo Wii (White)
Wii Sports (game included)
1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck and Remote controls
[+cables and sensors]

Games are to retail at between £35-£40 new. Remote control is £25 to buy separate, the Nunchuck attachment which is not used for all games will sell for £15 separately.

I'll put up a list of launch titles when I can find it but really there is only one that matters..

Zelda :thumbs_up

Apparently at the London conference today they had Gabby Logan, Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski playing the Wii sports tennis game =/... I bet them useless ****ers still lost.

Last edited:
I am seriously considering chosing a wii now.

For launch are: Zelda, Call of Duty 3, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball, all of which look to be killer games.

The only problem with buying a Wii over 360 is the lack of "mature" games. In the past alot of the nintendo games have been cute cuddly cartoon characters.

However, the new Zelda looks fantastic and very dark, and with call of duty and red steel out on launch, maybe nintendo have got some business sense and are developing for the wider market now.

They could certainlty beat the PS3 thanks to the price, but only if they market it right...

I think I'm going in to pre-order it from GAME in town today. I've already ordered it from Play.com but I may well cancel that and get the console itself from in town when it comes out. Can't wait for it, I was really looking forward to Metroid Prime 3 although now it looks as though that is coming out early next year rather than at launch but there are still plenty of games I am interested in even at launch. Zelda is the must have, I may well get 'Wii Play' which has a few minigames including some sort of pool game, Red Steel also sounds great.

There may even be another price drop before launch if the Gamecube is anything to go by.. I remember they had a similar RRP for that when it first came out but they dropped it to £130 right before launch.

Also best news for me is that the software will still be £35-40.

I am seriously considering chosing a wii now.

For launch are: Zelda, Call of Duty 3, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball, all of which look to be killer games.

The only problem with buying a Wii over 360 is the lack of "mature" games. In the past alot of the nintendo games have been cute cuddly cartoon characters.

However, the new Zelda looks fantastic and very dark, and with call of duty and red steel out on launch, maybe nintendo have got some business sense and are developing for the wider market now.

They could certainlty beat the PS3 thanks to the price, but only if they market it right...

best game ever :038: :038:

http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads6480_video-nintendo-wii-conference-eu.html

video on here of the Nintendo European Wii Conference. At the start its pretty boring - going on about sales figure for the DS and such. Gets onto information about the Wii later - well worth a look just to see Tim and Greg playing Wii tennis against two of Nintendo's representitives.. event was hosted by Gabby Logan.

Reviews starting to come out for the Wii now just before the console is released in the US this Sunday.

All launch titles below - underlined ones are the ones with reviews.

Wii Sports
----------
8.9 (89%) Lawrence.com
8.5/10 (85%) Gamerz-Edge
7.5/10 (75%) IGN
72/100 (72%) GameBrink
4/5 (80%) Gamespy
4.25/5 (85%) Gamerpro
B+ (85%) UnderGroundPro
8/10 (80%) Gametrailers
80/100 (80%) eToychest

Zelda: Twilight Princess
-----------------------
5/5 (100%) Gamespy
A (95%) UnderGroundOnline
9.9/10 (99%) Lawrence.com
9.6/10 (96%) GamersMark
99/100 (99%) Gamebrink
10/10 (100%) GamerzEdge

Wii Play

Excite Truck (US)
------------------
84/100 (84%) eToychest
B- (75%) UnderGroundOnline
6.8/20 (68%) Gamespot
7/10 Gameinformer
3/5 (60%) gamespy
3/5 (60%) GameDaily
8/10 (80%) IGN

Call of Duty 3
---------------
7.7/10 (77%) IGN
83/100 (83%) GamingTrend
9.3/10 (93%) PGNXmedia
8.3/10 (83%) Gamezone

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
------------------------
9.1/10 (91%) PGNXmedia
86/100 (86%) Gamingtrend

Tony's Hawk's Downhill Jam
---------------------------
92/100 (92%) Gamingtrend
8.7/10 (87%) PGNXmedia
9/10 (90%) Gamezone
7/10 (70%) IGN

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (US)
---------------------------------------
4.5/5 (90%) Gamepro (not online)
6.83/10 (68%) EGM (not online but see Dav's post on page 2)
5/5 (100%) Hardcore Gamer Magazine (not online)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion (US)
----------------------------------
8/10 (80%) IGN
9/10 (90%) gamesradar

Madden NFL 07

Need For Speed Carbon

Elebits (US)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
------------------------------
84% NGamer (not online)
6.5/10 (65%) EGM (not online but see Dav's post on page 2)
8/10 (80%) Play Magazine (not online)
8.4/10 (84%) IGN

Metal Slug Anthology (US)

Super Swing Golf (US)

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (UK)

Far Cry: Vengeance

GT Pro Series

Monster 4x4: World Circuit

Open Season

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel
----------
90% Ngamer (not online)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

Spongbob
-----------
7/10 (70%) Play (not online)

With call of duty 3 pack similar graphics on this as to the version on the 360?

No - I personally wouldn't recommend getting it for the Wii if you have another format even though it's been getting decent reviews.. to downsides for the wii version - not as good graphics, no multiplayer. Plus side is better controls. I'm getting a few of the titles mentioned and my brother is getting a couple (incl. cod3 - our 360 version kept crashing but that may be down to another faulty console) - the must have title is Zelda as ever.

Well people it's out tomorrow!

I had a call from Game again the other day so I'll definately be getting the console and Red Steel tomorrow! As for my online orders.. **** knows whats happening with them =/ I won't be overly chuffed if Zelda doesn't arrive tomorrow..

I hope theres no queues - I went in for the Gamecube's release day and there was barely anyone else in, I'm pretty much expecting a similar story tomorrow morning

I'm going in early then when I get back I have to shoot off work =/

BBC reporting complete pre-order sell out, so get there early

BBC reporting complete pre-order sell out, so get there early

I'm getting in for 8am.. I have to otherwise I'll be late by the time I'm back - I'll have to wait til around 6pm til I can play it though =/

Are all the games shops open early tomorrow for the launch?

Some open midnight tonight but screw that.. I know game in the shires opens at 8 - thats where I pre-ordered mine.

You can win one in today's Mercury... deadline for entries is 10pm tonight.

Looks crap to me!! All the games look like childrens games do on other platforms.

I can see something like boxing being a laugh if you play it with you mates. I'd just feel like a bit of an idiot jumping about the room on my own!!

the wii will sell well as it's properly a more attractive console to young kids then the 360 (and the price is also more attractive to their parents), but i can see the novelty wearing off with this within six months of owning it

Looks crap to me!! All the games look like childrens games do on other platforms.

I can see something like boxing being a laugh if you play it with you mates. I'd just feel like a bit of an idiot jumping about the room on my own!!
That's the problem with Nintendo in general. They're not very "westernised" and still use the childlike Japanese mentality. The tele in Japan is very childlike, even the news and weather all have cartoons on the screen etc

Sony have become far more westernised and the Playstation hasn't suffered from this problem

Nintendo is for Japanese adults of Western kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670