Not desperately bad news, but certainly not great news - Warnock turns City down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news - Warnock turns City down

From the BBC rumours and in a thread of its own. ;)

Former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock has turned down the Leicester manager's job. (The Sun)

Re: Great news - Warnock turns City down

If true, I don't think this is 'great' news.

If true, I don't think this is 'great' news.

I think he would split City fans and from that point of view, his turning this job down is good news. ;)

Has he been offered it officially and declined it, or has he just ruled himself out of the running?

Has MM taken him off the short list and Colin's "saving face"?

As Nottingham said, not great news at all. Not desperately bad news either, but certainly not great news.

I think it's very much a moot point whether he would have been good for us - that, taken together with the other baggage he would bring with him makes this good news as far as I'm concerned.

I can't see Warnock turning us down if we've offered it, he's desperate to get back into football. He'd have to be damn sure there was an opportunity somewhere else for him. It's got to be more like sour grapes cos he isn't top choice.

I think it's very much a moot point whether he would have been good for us - that, taken together with the other baggage he would bring with him makes this good news as far as I'm concerned.

But if the only available alternative is Peter Reid it's possibly the worst news we have heard for some time........

that shortlist of Milan's seems to be getting shorter ...:tumbleweed:

Talk about bad timing for my 1st post ... right after Homer and I'm using my Rasta Homer image ...

Neil Warnock has snubbed Leicester, so Gary Megson and Peter Reid are the new favourites to become Foxes boss.
Newspaper The Sun

i dont see why we are after that dont have a job there is a reason for them not being in a job, i still feel davies and dowie are the best options for LCFC

Sure is quiet in here ... hello ...??? Anybody home ...??? Yoohoo ...??:tumbleweed:

that shortlist of Milan's seems to be getting shorter ...:tumbleweed:

Who is to say that Warnock was included on Milan's list of four, could be that he hasn't made it to the final list and therefore spat his dummy out or that he has indeed turned the job down and therefore the list is now down to four.

IMO it is not great news, Warnock would have been a decent appointment, no doubt the man is a knob but is a very good a manager who IMO would have done well here.

I am amazed if he has turned it down, bearing in mind that it is probably one of, if not the best opportunity he is likely to be offered, FFS he was even whoring himself to Hearts and Inverness a few weeks ago.

Loving the fact that this is another new manager thread

Keep 'em coming, my lovelies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673