Not desperately bad news, but certainly not great news - Warnock turns City down

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxin_oz

Nice talking guys but I gotta go (thank god they're saying) catch you next time huh ... gotta fix dinner ... it's getting late here ...

Real Sharapova

Frontrunners Peter Reid and Gary Megson. Get them both in I say - what a dream ticket that would be.

I think MM is using a scientific approach akin to throwing darts at a sheet of names in his quest for a new manager. Dumping MA2 seems like a big mistake to me now.:frown:

spionfox

So does anyone have a clue who's on MM's list ...???

The more it is reported that MM will not hesitate to change Managers again if he feels he has it wrong, the less inclined Managers will be to come here in the first place. Every new Manager will feel that they need time and all the signs are that they won't be given it. Not exactly a very appealing inducement to come here is it?

The Old Fox

Frontrunners Peter Reid and Gary Megson. Get them both in I say - what a dream ticket that would be.

The dregs that are left after the favourites have declined the job, cannot be called front runners.
The only reason for hope, is Milan's assertion that he expects to pay for a good manager. Let us be honest, however, unless Milan pulls a rabbit out of the hat, we are going to have a mediocre manager.

Boy Genius

Banned
The more it is reported that MM will not hesitate to change Managers again if he feels he has it wrong, the less inclined Managers will be to come here in the first place. Every new Manager will feel that they need time and all the signs are that they won't be given it. Not exactly a very appealing inducement to come here is it?

Why? They would also realise its money for old rope, stay a few games, get the sack, golden handshake. You would have to be a mug to turn that easy money down

spionfox

Why? They would also realise its money for old rope, stay a few games, get the sack, golden handshake. You would have to be a mug to turn that easy money down

The sad thing is that you are probably right. I keep forgetting that jobs in football are not like proper jobs. Anywhere else there would be a certain stigma attached to getting the boot a few weeks into a new job, but in football the merry-go-round just keeps on turning.

DesertFox

Exactly. Doesn't really matter if you're only in the job three months if you've signed a three year contract.

fox58

i did not particulaly want him but i did think there was a possibility that we could be singing Colin W****ers blue and white army

Micky

warnock can feck off. don't care how good a manager he is (he's average anyway) he a tosser who i don't want at my football club. he'd make us public enemy no. 1.

LCFC 4 life

warnock can feck off. don't care how good a manager he is (he's average anyway) he a tosser who i don't want at my football club. he'd make us public enemy no. 1.

Great post.
Took years getting SU promoted with alot more money than most clubs and got them relegated when they only had to draw for wigan.

Cambridge_fox

So guys (and girls?!), do you think, come Friday, that we'll be happy with the managerial appointment? That is even if we have someone by then. It seems the be the general feeling that we'll be in a far worse position than where we were with MA2. What do you think? Worse or better?

Macky

Gruntled Member
So guys (and girls?!), do you think, come Friday, that we'll be happy with the managerial appointment? That is even if we have someone by then. It seems the be the general feeling that we'll be in a far worse position than where we were with MA2. What do you think? Worse or better?

I'll be feeling better come Friday, it's payday afterall.

The Old Fox

The fact is, we simply do not know. Daily, it becomes more obvious that the eventual encumbent of the manager's chair will not be one of the expected applicants. Therefore, it would be foolish to speculate on an approval level. If Milan prizes Alex Ferguson from Man Utd, I suspect that the majority will be pleased: if it is some Johnny Nobody, or worse, a has-been, then we will be disappointed.
My guess would be that he'll surprise us and it will take time to decide the value of the new man.

teblin

The fact is, we simply do not know. Daily, it becomes more obvious that the eventual encumbent of the manager's chair will not be one of the expected applicants. Therefore, it would be foolish to speculate on an approval level. If Milan prizes Alex Ferguson from Man Utd, I suspect that the majority will be pleased: if it is some Johnny Nobody, or worse, a has-been, then we will be disappointed.
My guess would be that he'll surprise us and it will take time to decide the value of the new man.

I have a feeling it will be someone unexpected too.

Heineken Matt

I have a feeling it could be the messiah Craig Levein being given a second chance.........

On a serious note though, I think it may be between Peter Reid and Glen Roeder. There is no way he will bring in another Allen, he wants proven premiership/promotion experience.

My only issue with this is that you end up with a manager who actually is a relegation expert as opposed to a promotion expert. These managers of late have been more used to languishing in the bottom 3 and hence in my opinion, do not have the right credentials to lead our club.

I see that Chris Coleman could be on the verge of getting sacked - still gutted we did not get him in the first place, and MM interviewed him aswell.

homer

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|631926129200731709231

Warnock "never offered City job"

by Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric today dismissed claims that Neil Warnock had turned down the Leicester City job by saying: “He was never offered it.”

The City chairman also revealed that the former Sheffield United boss, who had been a hot-tip in the summer before Martin Allen's appointment, was never on his list of prospects.

Mandaric said: “I have not spoken to him about the job at all. In fact, I believe he would be the wrong man for us and made no approach to him at all.”

It has been reported that Warnock turned down the job but Mandaric said: “He was never offered it.”

Who WILL be offered it is now the big question, and while Mandaric had talked about four candidates being interviewed this week, the process will not work out quite like that.

Getting a new man in by Saturday's home Championship game against John Gregory's QPR is still the target.

But there would be no time for four interviews or, if Derby's Billy Davies and Coventry's Iain Dowie are indeed candidates, too little to time to ask permission to hold talks, always assuming that permission would be granted, which is by no means certain.

That scenario would also apply to anyone else currently in a managerial job. So Mandaric will identify his first target, make his moves for him and, if unsuccessful, go to the next one.

He said: “I have several names in my mind, but also there will be certain priorities and I will work hard to get who I feel is the right man.

“It is an important decision and I am working hard on it.”

In the meantime, Academy director Jon Rudkin and his men are holding the fort with Mandaric pleased with their contribution so far.

Last edited:

Nottingham Fox

I wouldn't take this as gospel. He said the same about Sturrock, but the truth was Sturrock told MM to **** off !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669