Post Match Nottingham Forest 4 (FOUR) Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you’ve watched football for more than a couple of years you can spot disinterested players and managers who’ve lost the will to lead.

I don’t know how you could look at this lot now and not see that this is what’s happening. It’s time to kiss goodbye to some truly wonderful players but it’s simply the end of the cycle. It ended after the FA Cup win. Someone like Ferguson had the bollocks to rip it up and start again* even immediately after winning trophies. Unfortunately for a club unaccustomed to such success as our own the instinct is to hold on to what we have is strong. The decision not to cash in on the likes of Soyuncu and Tielemans is biting us on the arse now because they’re done with the club…

*Orange Juice song. One of my favourites.

If BR is sacked who replaces him? after reading his post match interview I wonder if he is publicly laying down a challenge to his players? I am inclined to agree with some of what he has said some of our players are not good enough and some have reached their level.

What is concerning is if BR knows this why has he not looked to completely change our style of play? It is bloody obvious we cannot play out form the back as our CD are totally devoid of confidence and lack ability to do it, I thought Nacho played really well today and it would be good to see him partnered with Dako for the next few games.

Attacking wise we are okay the issue is when the ball breaks down there is zero desire to get back by Lookman Barnes and on quite a few occasions Tielemens, it is Tielemens total lack of interest that is most puzzling he may need dropping with KDH filling that role who has been playing well imo. Apparently Mendy has done really well in the AFCON perhaps it maybe an opportunity to put Ndidi into defence with Mendy playing a defensive midfielder role?

If the players are not doing or cannot do what BR wants them to do then he must play to their strengths and look to strengthen in the summer. Managers know full well we do not recover defensively quickly enough and we are being exploited ruthlessly, Liverpool will be bloody painful I hope to see a strong reaction after today.

Maddison and Justin get a pass.

I’ve held back on posting for trying to avoid a knee jerk reaction. However to concede two within seconds in back-to-back games is a ****ing joke.

Brendan was far too slow to change his corners, and far too slow to admit what he was trying wasn’t working.
I would very much prefer a manager now that is capable of seeing something that works and sticking with it.
His pay packet is ludicrous and some of the interviews he gives are ridiculous

We had about 10 good minutes today - right at the start. Then Kienan Davis hit the bar and our entire squad shit themselves and went into their shells. Massive mentality problem. Can’t see it changing.

I listened to this on the radio, thankfully. It was a horrible listen, every time they attacked I was expecting a goal.

what was noticeable to me was the 5L commentators never once remarked at how familiar all of this collapse was to us this season, nor our defensive frailties, or suggest anything this was a problem our manager should have addressed. Which does show how little the wider world sometimes pick up on things. (They did refer once or twice to our injuries.)

they did also make it sound as if Forest were a team full of wonderkids, they seemed to suggest every one of their players should be commanding £30m fees and be in the PL next season. So boy did we make them look good.

specific question - commentators seemed to suggest we were zonal marking again at corners? Is that right?

what was noticeable to me was the 5L commentators never once remarked at how familiar all of this collapse was to us this season, nor our defensive frailties, or suggest anything this was a problem our manager should have addressed.m
Those commentators may not have mentioned it but a number of newspaper articles have, and it's been widely mentioned otherwise. I'd say it was common knowledge

Those commentators may not have mentioned it but a number of newspaper articles have, and it's been widely mentioned otherwise. I'd say it was common knowledge

I rarely listen to talksport but had it on earlier. O'hara made the point about defense and corner issues. Thinks Brendans just done all he can and it shows....also mentioned him repeatedly saying as much.

McCoist went with the little Leicester line that the Brendan In crowd are sticking with. Because we're not a top 4 side we should just accept 10th and not trying in Euro or FA Cup as being our level.

Edit - absolutely no mention of his dreadful signings. So hopefully that's not brought up in mainstream and Man Utd or some other team is stupid enough to take a punt.

I’ve held back on posting for trying to avoid a knee jerk reaction. However to concede two within seconds in back-to-back games is a ****ing joke.
As many on here, I was raging at the TV during the match and was furious with the lack of anything resembling an effort to retain our hold on the FA Cup. But after a good night's sleep, a decent breakfast and taking the time for a considered, mature reflection...

... we were crap.

Who cares? He was acting a smug **** before the game so who gives a shit what he’s got to say after it?
Nowt like being a poor loser....

How can someone be smug before the event has actually happened?

He was the only threat we had on the pitch. Maddison played some sublime passes but didn't want to do much else. He may not have been great but he was better than most and that change of shape was absolutely bizarre.
Maddison needs training wheels fitting to his ankles to help him stay upright

For me, a disappointing aspect of the defeat was its predictability. I didn't share the xG optimism of some of our posters (though I defer to their more knowledgeable opinions in other areas), I thought this fixture had 'upset' pencilled on it from the word go. Local derby, premier league opponents, cup holders... it was all there.

Roll into that our proven ability to roll over the minute the going gets tough and you have the perfect storm.

I didn't foresee the humiliating nature of it, the total capitulation, but I certainly didn't take a win as a given. It doesn't take a talented side to beat us, indeed we find the going easier against such sides. It just takes a motivated team to push us aside. Forest had the motivation in spades full. They deserve the win if only because they showed the desire.

I had to record this to watch later in the evening (struggle to fit live football into family life with a young baby atm!)...

Luckily the recording only kicked in 20 mins into the game, so our collapse came pretty early into me putting it on... I watched with more interest from 3-1 in the vague hope we might claw something back. Thankfully having it on record meant I could watch a lot of it on fast forward rather than sit through that shite in real time.

That was absolutely pathetic. Beyond useless. Every single player should be ashamed of themselves. Genuinely think that's one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever seen from us.

I was shocked especially by Tielemans - he can piss off now if he's that uninterested.

I was shocked especially by Tielemans - he can piss off now if he's that uninterested.
I don’t know why, he’s been like that most of the season. On 5 Live, when he wasn’t stroking his own ego about how he gave Jed his debut, Woodgate kept going on about how “Leicester need to find a way to get Tielemans on the ball”. Bollocks, Tielemans himself needs to find a way to ****ing influence a game, and not in a ‘I’ll give the ball to the opposition so they can score the winner’ kind of way’.

This version of Tielemans will be no loss at all. In fact, if he isn’t one of the players that Rodgers was referring to, then he should be.

One player who I will give some credit to is Maddison. I felt like he looked like he was digging in, trying to make things happen, tracking back and dropping deep to try and get involved.

He was certainly giving it a go, which is more than can be said most of the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669