Post Match Nottingham Forest 4 (FOUR) Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he says “We are sorry we were crap”, but does not take responsibility for it.

Blaming the players. Not taking any responsibility for his obvious errors.

After the Brighton game, Justin broke ranks and said that he didn't understand why we changed shape late in the match as it gave Brighton the initiative. It was a perfect bit of light into why the players are showing some "worrying signs". It's not them Brendan, it's you. They haven't got belief in your utterly ridiculous chopping and changing all the time.

The irony in all of this of course, is that after all his talk about us overachieving & knowing our level etc...it's actually him that's clearly hit his ceiling. He's gone as far as his ability can take him. He fancies himself as 2005 Mourinho & he isn't.

Blaming the players. Not taking any responsibility for his obvious errors.
Was about to post about exactly that. Blaming the players is a sign that something's gone wrong within the squad, a disunity or something. I don't like it. He's lost them

I've met a few over the years. Of the ones who played since the turn of the century almost all were frankly as thick as shit. The exceptions were almost exclusively the ones who worked their way through the leagues or from non league. The ones who had proper jobs outside football first. The "academy since i was 9" lot were all frighteningly stupid. Says a lot.

Oh & have you ever met a bloke that came through an academy but then didn't make it when it came to 17/18 ? As in had to share a workplace with them ?

Boris Johnson is a beacon of self effacing humility & self sacrifice by comparison.
That could explain why they always describe Rodgers as a tactical genius simply because he makes bizarre and stupid decisions every ****ing match.

BR on RL:

"Apologise to supporters. Bitterly disappointed at the performance. Gave away two poor goals which rocked us a bit. As a PL team, we should have authority in the game and we didn't have that".

"It's hunger and we need changes in the squad. That's what you admire about top players who stay consistent season after season. We lacked hunger today and that's inside. Justin and Ndidi showed it today but nobody else".

"We lacked stability today and we have to deal with it for the first goal and the second we make a mistake. Then it seemed to destabilise the team and we had players trying to win the game on their own. For the third, you can go man to man or zonal but it's about desire".

"The players need to show more appetite in the game. I hope the players all hurt because it's not enough to have nice touches on the ball. Too many were not physical enough".

BR on RL:

"Apologise to supporters. Bitterly disappointed at the performance. Gave away two poor goals which rocked us a bit. As a PL team, we should have authority in the game and we didn't have that".

"It's hunger and we need changes in the squad. That's what you admire about top players who stay consistent season after season. We lacked hunger today and that's inside. Justin and Ndidi showed it today but nobody else".

"We lacked stability today and we have to deal with it for the first goal and the second we make a mistake. Then it seemed to destabilise the team and we had players trying to win the game on their own. For the third, you can go man to man or zonal but it's about desire".

"The players need to show more appetite in the game. I hope the players all hurt because it's not enough to have nice touches on the ball. Too many were not physical enough".
He’s lost them.

BR on RL:

"But everything I did was smashing and I'm great. Them there footballers are just not doing the tactics right just like I tell them on the white board with the big pen"

The irony in all of this of course, is that after all his talk about us overachieving & knowing our level etc...it's actually him that's clearly hit his ceiling. He's gone as far as his ability can take him. He fancies himself as 2005 Mourinho & he isn't.
He’s not even 2022 Mourinho

Naming names of players who he thinks have put in a shift and saying they were the only ones who did is incredibly divisive. If we are hanging by a thread as a team, that talk will divide us entirely. For that reason he must go now. There isn’t room enough in the club for his ego.

Days away from mutiny with comments like that.

"But everything I did was smashing and I'm great. Them there footballers are just not doing the tactics right just like I tell them on the white board with the big pen"

Exactly. I'm trying to think whether he's ever taken personal responsibility for an error or defeat? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

It's always about the team not doing what he expects them to do. Always on them.

Anyone with a brain knows that is fatal for managers. You cannot do that. The thing is, he can't be holding his hands up privately and saying "I screwed this up" because saying that privately whilst blaming the players publically wouldn't wash.

When a very capable and talented group of players look a shambolic mess, disorganised, confused, lost, bereft of confidence, and so on, it is not the players fault. It's on him. He has to see that surely? If not, he is a dangerous man to have staying in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566