Post Match Nottingham Forest 4 (FOUR) Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We need changes in the squad” is a bonkers thing to say under the circumstances.

It’s kicked off, I reckon.

Exactly. I'm trying to think whether he's ever taken personal responsibility for an error or defeat? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

It's always about the team not doing what he expects them to do. Always on them.

Anyone with a brain knows that is fatal for managers. You cannot do that. The thing is, he can't be holding his hands up privately and saying "I screwed this up" because saying that privately whilst blaming the players publically wouldn't wash.

When a very capable and talented group of players look a shambolic mess, disorganised, confused, lost, bereft of confidence, and so on, it is not the players fault. It's on him. He has to see that surely? If not, he is a dangerous man to have staying in charge.
The thing is, I'm sure he doesn't see it. He is so adamant that his way is the right way and that the players aren't matching up to him. As you say, that's the real danger.

He was the only threat we had on the pitch. Maddison played some sublime passes but didn't want to do much else. He may not have been great but he was better than most and that change of shape was absolutely bizarre.
And Brenda has just basically called him shite. How motivated will he feel right now.

The thing is he’s not wrong about the players. In isolation, I applaud him calling them out. It’s just the cowardly way in which so many managers do it where it’s not followed up with any introspection or acknowledgment of their role in the process.

“We need changes in the squad” ……just as the transfer window slams shut

That’ll motivate them, won’t it

He’s lost the dressing room, big time. It’s a matter of time, now, hopefully not too much time

He should be sacked on the journey back down the M1

If we ‘need an overhaul’ this summer, surely we wouldn’t as a club be stupid enough to allow Brenda and Congerton to oversee that. That shit has all the hallmarks of relegation next year stamped on it.

If there's one thing I can't abide it's a team with no organisation who look like they are ill prepared and setup badly and that is exactly what we are under him.

He names a captain who is ****ing off in the summer and then has to replace him. Not one leader on the pitch.

It's a complete **** up from him

I've now lost count of the times the players don't seem to know what they are doing.

Its his responsibility and I personally think he's doing a ****ing terrible job.

If we ‘need an overhaul’ this summer, surely we wouldn’t as a club be stupid enough to allow Brenda and Congerton to oversee that. That shit has all the hallmarks of relegation next year stamped on it.

You can get 200/1 on us going down this season. With Newcastle, Norwich, Watford and Burnley having some fight in them, it's not impossible. We could well implode from here. It's just a case of backing us to win 3-4 more games somehow.

We have the worst defence in the PL. If the confidence has gone, and the last three results strongly suggest as much, then it really isn't beyond us. We're somehow overachieving due to the goals we're scoring but there is no reason to believe that will continue.

All this talk of dissension, yet the talkingballs community seems oddly unified in wanting this twat gone.

You can get 200/1 on us going down this season. With Newcastle, Norwich, Watford and Burnley having some fight in them, it's not impossible. We could well implode from here. It's just a case of backing us to win 3-4 more games somehow.

We have the worst defence in the PL. If the confidence has gone, and the last three results strongly suggest as much, then it really isn't beyond us. We're somehow overachieving due to the goals we're scoring but there is no reason to believe that will continue.
That’s worth a tenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570