Pre Match Notts Forest (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even those of us who will be at a different match?

I might get a few funny looks. I'll probably spill my coffee too. But it's worth doing if it helps the team win.

I'll probably be in the car on my way to my old ma's about that time. I wonder if I'll need to take the seat belt off before jumping about like a complete spacka.

My guess is that Nigel will bring back Peltier. Kennedy or Konchesky is a difficult choice. I think he will keep Schlupp up front. I think he may choose between Wellens or Danns depending on how fit he feels Wellens is.

Bamba gone to the African cup

StringerSport Ian Stringer

Sol Bamba not available for the Forest game for #lcfc tomorrow. He's had to go to the African Cup of Nations. Tunchev and Mills it is then

So with Moore cup tied, Peltier likely injured and Pantsil on ANC duty, we've got no right back. We've got both Konchesky and Kennedy fit at left back. We've got St.Ledger probably out due to his bust up/imminent departure and Bamba away on ANC duty. That leaves just Mills and Tunchev. Berner and Ball are having their contracts ended so can likely be ruled out.

With Fernandes gone, we're left with Danns, King and Wellens in midfield. I doubt he'll include Johnson as he hasn't seemed keen so far. Then Schlupp and Gallagher wide and Nugent up front. Presumably Howard suspended and Waghorn not fit. It's not looking the healthiest line up.

Schmeichel
Abe
Mills
Tunchev
Konchesky
Danns
Wellens
King
Schlupp
Nugent
Gallagher

Subs: Weale, Kennedy, Beckford, Dyer, Moussa, + 2 random kids?

So with Moore cup tied, Peltier likely injured and Pantsil on ANC duty, we've got no right back. We've got both Konchesky and Kennedy fit at left back. We've got St.Ledger probably out due to his bust up/imminent departure and Bamba away on ANC duty. That leaves just Mills and Tunchev. Berner and Ball are having their contracts ended so can likely be ruled out.

With Fernandes gone, we're left with Danns, King and Wellens in midfield. I doubt he'll include Johnson as he hasn't seemed keen so far. Then Schlupp and Gallagher wide and Nugent up front. Presumably Howard suspended and Waghorn not fit. It's not looking the healthiest line up.

Schmeichel
Abe
Mills
Tunchev
Konchesky
Danns
Wellens
King
Schlupp
Nugent
Gallagher

Subs: Weale, Kennedy, Beckford, Dyer, Moussa, + 2 random kids?

Johnson not keen is an understatement, I've heard he has attended training twice since Sven left and calls in with a headache everyday, hardly likely to play anywhere based on that.

It's a real shame, as he was a class act just three seasons ago. Even when we signed him I thought he'd fit right into our first team despite all the injuries, but it seems he's destined for the scrap heap now.

Right back looks to be a serious problem, Abe may have to fill in there and Wellens to return in the middle (to form the non-working Wellens and King partnership).

It's a real shame, as he was a class act just three seasons ago. Even when we signed him I thought he'd fit right into our first team despite all the injuries, but it seems he's destined for the scrap heap now.

His own doing if that is his attitude.

All this "Johnson was a world beater" nonsense is starting to reet annoy me.

Hardly a world beater, but having a great season in the Premiership means that he had(/has) the potential to tear this division apart.

He didn't.

Let's all move on.

Johnson not keen is an understatement, I've heard he has attended training twice since Sven left and calls in with a headache everyday, hardly likely to play anywhere based on that.

If this is the case then his future as a professional footballer is well and truely ****ed. He was gifted an oppurtunity to show what he could do in a decent team for a season and spends more time on the sidelines....with headaches?!

If this is the case then his future as a professional footballer is well and truely ****ed. He was gifted an oppurtunity to show what he could do in a decent team for a season and spends more time on the sidelines....with headaches?!

If this was the case NP would have sent him packing straight away. As with the majority of 'I have heard' it is a load of old rubbish.

We need 18 in total so 14 in the first list but how many of the 2nd group.

Kasper Schmeichel
Paul Konchesky
Matt Mills
Paul Gallagher
Andy King
Lloyd Dyer
Jermaine Beckford
Chris Weale
Yuki Abe
Neil Danns
Jeffery Schlupp
Tom Kennedy
Aleksandar Tunchev
David Nugent
Possibly injured/unfit/not match fit/not interested in playing?

Lee Peltier
Sean St. Ledger
Bruno Berner
Michael Ball
Michael Johnson
Joao Teixeira
Franck Moussa
Richie Wellens

Then we have any of the youngsters to put on the bench.

Last edited:
i doubt we will play 3 centre backs, i hope Peltier and Tunch are fit, i also hope Kennedy keeps his place after impressing and Danns stays in central position. I would play Beckford and Shlupp together and give Gally a run out.IMO result only important for fan brsgging rights and more important for fringe players to impress and for NP to look at other formations etc. Whatever team/formation we put out as Trees are on thier arse i expect a win, im going 1-2 Beckford Shlupp

Possibly injured/unfit/not match fit/not interested in playing?

Franck Moussa

Is Moussa injured? I don't think he'd be not interested in playing. He strikes me as an NP style player: young player, who learnt his trade in the lower leagues. Think this game could actually see Moussa given his chance.

Time for Pierre Laurraui to shine :icon_wink If he's anything like he is on football manager, we should give him a cup match.

Last edited:
Is Moussa injured? I don't think he'd be not interested in playing. He strikes me as an NP style player: young player, who learnt his trade in the lower leagues. Think this game could actually see Moussa given his chance.

Moussa would possibly come in the not match fit category. But I agree this could be his chance but probably from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669