Official Statement - Taylor Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
At no point this season have I felt the cold numb despair I felt just over a year ago when I thought we were going to drop into the third tier for the first time ever. That's an improvement IMHO. As for bad football, it's been like that for two and a half years under three different managers plus caretakers. The difference with RK is that he hasn't had any money to spend. Does that answer the question?

i feel more fearful now than i did a year ago...i couldnt give a damn about last saturdays game which is rare for me to think like that...how long are people going to use the excuse that he hasnt had any money for??? where/when will people think that rk is out of his depth and when will they start to point the finger at him...he has bought players in and only mcauley has been any good the rest have been rubbish so im glad he hasnt had any real money to spend....he is too 'nice' to be a manager imo :102:

Apart from the mortgage on the stadium, which we all know about, what are the other massive debts you keep referring to?

I bought a balti pie the other week and they short changed me by 30p - currently going through the small claims court as we speak

I did attend the Sunderland game. It was awful. All of Melton's criticisms can be applied to virtually any manager you like if you only look at their bad games. Name a realistic option who's better. And, for that matter, who would come to a club that sacks a manager after a year (not even a whole season, but two halves) when he has had no resources with which to improve the side.

I did attend the Sunderland game. It was awful. All of Melton's criticisms can be applied to virtually any manager you like if you only look at their bad games. Name a realistic option who's better. And, for that matter, who would come to a club that sacks a manager after a year (not even a whole season, but two halves) when he has had no resources with which to improve the side.

HE HAS HAD RESOURCES, LIMITED I GRANT YOU BUT HE HAS WASTED IT !!!!

He has had fecking money to spend FFS, he signed 2 centre halfs, of which at least one we didn't really need, an unmotivated ageing midfielder from the prem and a right winger that was decidely worse than what we already had......oh and he signed the same left winger that was shite on loan last season again so he could prove how bad he was again. So he has had money and probably more than quite a few other clubs who are above us for example Colchester !!!

Agreed .... a good manager would have produced far better results IMO, maybe not promotion stuff but definately mid table / top half.

If ever there was a game around which there was the cold stench of relegation, it was that one

From the shambolic, desperate and downright bizarre team selection, to the complete lack of team spirit or tactical nouse. It had Division One stamped all over it

All of Melton's criticisms can be applied to virtually any manager.
Well don't bloody ask me if you're just gonna throw me a poor line from "An Idiots Guide To Trying Win a Debate About The Merits And Demerits of a Poor Football Manager" :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Well don't bloody ask me if you're just gonna throw me a poor line from "An Idiots Guide To Trying Win a Debate About The Merits And Demerits of a Poor Football Manager" :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Jay Demerit? The Watford centre back?

Not that I think he's very good, just not as much of a dud as he's painted. Mediocre is the word, I think.

OK, I deserved that! :icon_lol:

Not that I think he's very good, just not as much of a dud as he's painted. Mediocre is the word, I think.

No he is a feckin dud, as big a dud as Levein, RK is living off his exploits of last season in saving us from the drop, the original situation that he had a fair deal of influence I may hasten to add, the proof is that the improved performances and results were in direct reaction to Levein leaving and possibly a genuine fear of the future, as soon as RK is appointed on a permanent basis normal service was resumed.

Those players proved last season what they were truly capable of, and that is why I refuse to accept that Kelly is doing a good job, he is not maximising the resources available to him and McAuley apart his dealings in the transfer market have been unimaginative and naive.

Brian Little
Micky Adams
Nigel Worthington
Joe Royle
Mark McGhee

All better options, all available and all IMO would get a better reaction out of the current squad and use their budget more effectively than RK. With any of these in charge we would IMO be at least in mid table security if not higher.

Brian Little
Micky Adams
Nigel Worthington
Joe Royle
Mark McGhee

1. I would be surprised if he would want the job under the present circumstances.
2. I think we've been there before - not again.;)
3. Proven to not do much even with resources.
4. Past it?
5. I'm not a forgiving sort of person.;)

The simple answer, but the wrong one.

Several people have said there's no danger of us being saddled with debts by MM because he'll make sure he makes some money by getting us into the Premiership.
If MM's record is anything to go by he'll need to get lucky with managerial appointments to get promoted. And if he doesn't get lucky we could be in a much much worse position than we're in now.

It's a matter of judgement.

I think without a takeover we shall be in dire straits by August. There's not too many people who are as committed as you and will put up with a dud manager which is what RK is; further sales of the 'better' players to balance the books etc etc.

I concede that I am writing from a fan's position rather than a shareholder who are probabably going to lose much of their money anyway but I guess many of them expected that. I don't blame individuals - even RK hardly rushed to take the job - but the sum total of management and board and resources doesn't add up to the makings of a succesful club. Not fit for purpose as they say in the trade.

To be honest, there is no excuse for us being in financial trouble. None of the players pre-date relegation. None of them (with the possible exception of Douglas) are on mega money. Williams was the last one on daft money and he's now gone. We've made a profit in the transfer market since coming out of admin.

Our crowds are holding up well at about 22,000. Among the best in the league.

We've known about the mortgage payments on the stadium of about £1.1m per year since we came out of admin so this needs budgeting for before anything else.

So why are we losing millions? The shareholders came in promising one thing - that they'd never let us get in the admin mess again. We clearly are in this mess again.

The only thing to say is that the current management of the club, particularly from TNBD, is totally incompetant.

The only football decisions they've had to make are new managers and they picked Craig Levein and Rob Kelly. Hardly impressive.

To be honest, there is no excuse for us being in financial trouble.

Lack of planning seems to be the reason. They didn't do much to reduce the budget for the current level of income until it was too late.

Rather than allow MA to sign a load of Premiership has beens in a failed attempt to go straight back up, financially it would have been better to have been prudent and started planning for our current budget.

The money we paid to the likes of Keown, Dublin, Gemmill, Wilcox, Blake etc would have been better spent building for the future, rather than used on a short term gamble that didn't pay off.

If that had happened maybe we wouldn't be much different on the pitch (except the rebuilding would have started earlier, so maybe we'd have a more mature team than we have now), but off the pitch we'd be in much better shape.

Does anyone else find it amusing that we are 2nd guessing everything?!

We don't know any of the facts except that 3 directors now think that the bid is not good enough for the club and that is something that I find slightly worrying.

The bid being good enough for the club and the bid being good enough for the shareholders are two different things entirely.

As a director you have a responsibility to make decisions in the best interests of the shareholders. It is widely accepted that this part of the deal is not a good one for shareholders so therefore AT and GC, being men of integrity, cannot recommend it to the other shareholders. Problem is the bid would never be presented to the shareholders unless there is a unanimous decision across the board.

Lets say that he does feel that the deal is a good one for the clubs future. As a shareholder (and a fan like all of us) with only the best interests of the club at heart AT and GC can put their signatures to the final bid, keep their integrity and peace of mind.

This would explain the resignations imo.

My understanding (for what is worth) is that the clubs debt is manageable this season and rumours that we will go into admin if MM doesn't come in are wrong.

We would however, have to sell players in the summer (Stearman, Hume, Fryatt, Logan, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Porter etc - although not all of them!) if RK wanted to bring players in.

The sum is that with MM we wouldn't have to be a selling club and without him we would (as most teams in this division do) sell players to help finances and bring in new (cheap) players, unless another benefactor like MG came in as a replacement.

Totally agree Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670