Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
you'd better hope & pray they don't or all of your bills will sky rocket due to the cost of running a UK based call centre

I never saw them go down when they moved them out......and anyway organised fraud is quite costly.....

OldGit

of course you didn't, the shareholders always get any windfall

yes, but fraud isn't confined to Indian callcentres.

The fact is outsourced callcentres are an economic necessity for UK businesses to keep costs down.

That's what they said about slavery, child labour, etc etc etc.

If they got things right & explained things right & allowed other means of communication they could vastly reduce the need for calling them in the first place

Macky

Gruntled Member
If they got things right & explained things right & allowed other means of communication they could vastly reduce the need for calling them in the first place

agree with that 100%, but then again some customers demand a point of human contact on occasion

That's what they said about slavery, child labour, etc etc etc.

erm...not sure I see the link there...:icon_conf

OldGit

erm...not sure I see the link there...:icon_conf

Just cbecause somebody asserts that something is essential to the economy doesn't make it so, or a good thing either.

Last year I had a problem with a laptop being repaired under warranty that went astray. I spent so many hours talking to call centres at premium rates (or queueing most of the time) that by the end of 9 weeks I had rattled up almost £50 in charges. The people there could do nothing, knew nothing, and could not connect me to anyone or give me an alternative point of contact.

Eventually a colleague who used to be a director of the company gave me the name and number of the company secretary. I rang, dropped his name, explained the problem to his secretary, and it was resolved the same day.

Of course, if everyone rang the bosses it would clog up, but a properly resourced customer service organisation is what people want to contact. And not at premium rates.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Just cbecause somebody asserts that something is essential to the economy doesn't make it so, or a good thing either.

Last year I had a problem with a laptop being repaired under warranty that went astray. I spent so many hours talking to call centres at premium rates (or queueing most of the time) that by the end of 9 weeks I had rattled up almost £50 in charges. The people there could do nothing, knew nothing, and could not connect me to anyone or give me an alternative point of contact.

Eventually a colleague who used to be a director of the company gave me the name and number of the company secretary. I rang, dropped his name, explained the problem to his secretary, and it was resolved the same day.

Of course, if everyone rang the bosses it would clog up, but a properly resourced customer service organisation is what people want to contact. And not at premium rates.

again, I agree, that's a shocking story & if I were you I wouldn't do business with that company again.
But I still don't see what that has to do with slavery, child labour or the location of a call centre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670