Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Right, i have just got a new phone on Orange.
I am already an Orange customer with my old phone.
Can I just stick my new sim-card in the phone and it'll be alright or do I need to register my new phone with Orange?

Any help appreciated.

Should be able to swap the sims if you are on pay as you go, not sure about contracts.

Give it a try?

Right, i have just got a new phone on Orange.
I am already an Orange customer with my old phone.
Can I just stick my new sim-card in the phone and it'll be alright or do I need to register my new phone with Orange?

Any help appreciated.

Of course you can. ;)

I read my handbook and it said, because it is a 3g phone I should use my new sim card.:102:
Just this mean i won't be able to use some features?

3g sims are different from standard ones, youll need ti use th new sim or you wont have any of the 3g features

I have enough trouble finding one G spot, let alone 3

did you know "an orange" used to be "a norange" ?

what are 3G features as opposed to normal phone features?

I have just rang them to try and get my old number on the 3G sim card.
Even though I knew the pin I gave them was right they said it was wrong.:icon_roll

Are the Orange call centres based in India now? The last few times I have rang them I have barely understood a word they are saying.
This realy pisses me off, It's not the Indian's fault though.

Last edited:
It can transmit data much faster - it's like the difference between dial-up and broadband internet. So it makes things like video calls possible, as well as fast internet access.

oh ok, cheers.

what are 3G features as opposed to normal phone features?

I have just rang them to try and get my old number on the 3G sim card.
Even though I knew the pin I gave them was right they said it was wrong.:icon_roll

Are the Orange call centres based in India now? The last few times I have rang them I have barely understood a word they are saying.
This realy pisses me off, It's not the Indian's fault though.

Yes it is, if they are unable to communicate properly with you they are unable to do thier job and therefore should not have applied for the one they are doing.

Also, you are entitled to speak to someone who speaks English as thier first language, so if you dont understand just state you wish to speak to someone English and they should transfer you.

Yes it is, if they are unable to communicate properly with you they are unable to do thier job and therefore should not have applied for the one they are doing.

Also, you are entitled to speak to someone who speaks English as thier first language, so if you dont understand just state you wish to speak to someone English and they should transfer you.

Do Orange make much money from my call because I am sure it adds at least 2 minutes onto every call when I am trying to understand what they are saying.

I would think a move away from indian call centres is in the offing with all the fraud going on there.

I would think a move away from indian call centres is in the offing with all the fraud going on there.

you'd better hope & pray they don't or all of your bills will sky rocket due to the cost of running a UK based call centre

Do Orange make much money from my call because I am sure it adds at least 2 minutes onto every call when I am trying to understand what they are saying.

25p one off charge for PayGo customers. Don't know about contracts but It wont be charged per min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669