Ornamental Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems excessive to me, bet they recommended their own brand ones as well!

Its only their own brand that fits so yes :) Having dismantled the changed one I can see how I could rinse it through and be like new so will prbably do that next time. At least save £6 every time.

I only had one new sponge in about 14 years with my fish and I rinsed that weekly under the tap.

But this was for common goldfish so probably not recommended :icon_lol: They didn't seem to care though as they refused to die.

Its only their own brand that fits so yes :) Having dismantled the changed one I can see how I could rinse it through and be like new so will prbably do that next time. At least save £6 every time.

Did a 50% water change yesterday and everything seems fine so far. Took all my filters out and washed them in some of the water i had removed and just replaced the "cotton wool" parts of the filters.

Tank has settled back down now and seems to be doing great.

I just got a dozen Mosquito Fish for my new pond, but they're hardly ornamental.

Thought you'd all like to know...

Did a 50% water change yesterday and everything seems fine so far. Took all my filters out and washed them in some of the water i had removed and just replaced the "cotton wool" parts of the filters.

Tank has settled back down now and seems to be doing great.

Good stuff. Mine seems to have settled after the loss of the Neon. Ive only got 3 Neons now, torn between leaving them or increasing the shoal.

Good stuff. Mine seems to have settled after the loss of the Neon. Ive only got 3 Neons now, torn between leaving them or increasing the shoal.

IMO I would leave them and go for some rummy nose, Columbian and/or cardinal tetras. These seem to be doing better than any neons I have ever had.

IMO I would leave them and go for some rummy nose, Columbian and/or cardinal tetras. These seem to be doing better than any neons I have ever had.

Yes, ideally thats what I would do but people seem to suggest the Neons should be in a shoal of 5 at least to ensure they arent stressed

Yes, ideally thats what I would do but people seem to suggest the Neons should be in a shoal of 5 at least to ensure they arent stressed

Fecking hell get them some counselling whilst your there. :icon_lol:

They will be fine Ive got down to 1 or 2 before without replacing and they have never looked stressed to me.

:icon_lol:

TBH Im certainly no expert in fish tanks (that’s Bens Department). I inherited the tank when I moved out and my mum didn’t want to keep it going after dad passed away. I have lost a few fish over the few years I have had it now but generally it seems to be fine and Ive not had any major problems yet. Ive always done 50% water changes every month or so and I have just changed the “cotton wool” parts of both my filters. The fish all seem happy enough to me.

The only problem I have had was with a snail infestation and this was quickly sorted with some clown loaches.

I'm thinking of getting a tropical fish aquarium next year when I graduate and move out - was just wondering how much it would approx. cost for a standard size tank with the cabinet bit underneath, all the equipment, fish, plants etc?

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting a tropical fish aquarium next year when I graduate and move out - was just wondering how much it would approx. cost for a standard size tank with the cabinet bit underneath, all the equipment, fish, plants etc?

Depends on size, make, model, type of fish you want to keep etc. Pop over to Woodlands (just down the road from us) and speak to the South African guy in the fish bit he will help you out.

about £1500

don't listen to him. I did mine for under £200. Granted it's only a 30 litre setup but shows you don't have to spend too much.

But that's half a season ticket!

They're only fish at the end of the day................... :icon_wink

Just get one of them fish screensavers,free and less hassle to look after

Fecking nora. Goldfish and a bowl of water it is then......:icon_bigg

don't listen to him. I did mine for under £200. Granted it's only a 30 litre setup but shows you don't have to spend too much.

£200!!!! was it worth it? Best to go for a big **** off sized one and loads of big expensive fish, not these camp little ****ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669