98.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00146.jpg
    DSC00146.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 116

lazzer

Melts I went my mates the other day and he has had a marine fish tank installed and it was very impressive with computer technology etc. It even mimicked moonlight at night and the coral looked spectacular He told me it was very expensive. In comparison to Tropical how much more expensive is it and how much more work is involved. I took a pic on my phone.

Attachments

• IMAGE_028.jpg
    IMAGE_028.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 89

FIF

ahhhhh! This thread rears its head again.

Brauny Blue

Melts I went my mates the other day and he has had a marine fish tank installed and it was very impressive with computer technology etc. It even mimicked moonlight at night and the coral looked spectacular He told me it was very expensive. In comparison to Tropical how much more expensive is it and how much more work is involved. I took a pic on my phone.

Significantly so i would suggest. Looking at the Marine fish at Dobbies the other week and judging by whats in that tank, i would say most of those would be £25 minimum per fish.

Lako42

Significantly so i would suggest. Looking at the Marine fish at Dobbies the other week and judging by whats in that tank, i would say most of those would be £25 minimum per fish.

I get the small fish and chip special with mushy peas for £2.99 down the road, why on earth would you pay that much?

RHYDAL

I dont understand all this aquarium business. A colleague of mine trys to sell the relaxation qualities of watching fish in a tank.
He then goes on about how much it costs, cleaning filters, checking saline levels, temperatures, looking for diseases etc.etc. How can that be relaxing? :102:

All I ever get looking at one is an urge to take a piss.

lazzer

I dont understand all this aquarium business. A colleague of mine trys to sell the relaxation qualities of watching fish in a tank.
He then goes on about how much it costs, cleaning filters, checking saline levels, temperatures, looking for diseases etc.etc. How can that be relaxing? :102:

All I ever get looking at one is an urge to take a piss.

Thats your saline levels and temperature sorted. :icon_lol:

Last edited:

fcukcov

Ive noticed over the last few days one of my pearl Gurami’s (sp?) is being attacked by my clown loaches, cat fish and angel fish. Mainly around the head area. I noticed last night the Gurami also has a milky white eye on one side. The other fish attacking it have also opened up a wound on its head. I have separated it off from the other fish to give it a rest from the constant attacks and I know it is probably not long for this world, but has anyone any ideas as to what might be wrong, is it something that may affect the other fish?

lazzer

Sounds like White Eye which is a build up acid in the optic nerve which cause severe burning of the cornea. It also causes other fish to attack the tail as it gives off a chemical. The light in the tank will appear paler to the fish and cause him to be disorienated.

fcukcov

Sounds like White Eye which is a build up acid in the optic nerve which cause severe burning of the cornea. It also causes other fish to attack the tail as it gives off a chemical. The light in the tank will appear paler to the fish and cause him to be disorienated.

Do i need an additive to cure it or is it on its way out?

lazzer

Do i need an additive to cure it or is it on its way out?

You need to buy a product called Down this can be added to the water in a container which diffuses into the water .( If you have ship wreck you can hide it in that. There is an art to applying it. I cant remember where i read it. Im frantically looking now will post as soon as I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669