Our owners, NP and his staff plus the players of LCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

I don't start many threads but I feel compelled to start this one.

A massive thank you to:

A) Our owners for their support both financially and steadfastly in keeping faith with NP when some of us fans were calling for the axe post Watford. For your amazing gesture with the money you have invested and most of all for your ongoing, unswerving support of our 'great' manager.

B) NP, not necessarily (previously) the most charismatic or 'customer facing' friendly manager but without doubt on his way to becoming a LCFC legend and dare I say - someone who is currently the equal of MON - destined to overtake him in hero status at our club.

Thank you sincerely for what you are building at our club and for what you have achieved this far. Your name is going to be sung louder and louder from the terraces I am certain.

C) NP' s back room staff for all their support in moulding all that is our club.

D) the players. For last seasons terrific campaign and for the start we have attained this one. I am so proud to be a LCFC fan and these times are few and far between. Long may it continue and may this be only the start of something bigger than us mortal fans dream of.

Thank you one and all.

I think all that needs to be said is proud to come from Leicester...........

But all of what you said is making it so, hats off to all involved.

I remember the day Milan Mandaric sold our club to the Thai 'King Power' Group and, naturally, it met me with some feelings of nervousness and uncertainty.

I have to say. The journey they have been leading so far has been absolutely superb in every single way, and everyone involved should be immensely proud of themselves thus far.

I remember the day Milan Mandaric sold our club to the Thai 'King Power' Group and, naturally, it met me with some feelings of nervousness and uncertainty.

I have to say. The journey they have been leading so far has been absolutely superb in every single way, and everyone involved should be immensely proud of themselves thus far.

Apart from ticking off Pearson so much that he resigned first time around.

Agree with all of the above. As an extra note - watching on cable, before the game the broadcaster focused on cambiasso, who waved the camera away in a sort of "I'm not that important" gesture. We are going about this the right way and completely opposite to QPR... very happy

Agree.
Very few and far between that a 'foreign consortium ownership' story has resulted in a club becoming more grounded, more family orientated and more loyal to both its players and manager. The result has been that the club has been returned to the top of where it can expect to be, without putting is in a perilous leverage debt situation with expensive journeymen professionals on stupid wages, which is good enough for me!

On another note. MON gave us consecutive top 10 finishes and won the league cup TWICE taking us in to Europe twice. NP has won League One and Championship title trophies and has made a promising start in the Premier League, a different type of success, but not yet comparable to the achievements of MON.

Pearson is very much on the trail to attaining MON status, I actually think he is above MON in many aspects of his management, his forward planning and master plan seems far more sustainable and appears to offer incremental improvement over time.

He is well on his way to becoming the best manager of my lifetime in all but trophies won, and that is quite unbelievable considering where we were prior to these last 10 years.

I hope we can stay together and build something a bit special, I would be happy with a trip to Europe in the next 3 years ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Connolly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Connolly...

Apart from ticking off Pearson so much that he resigned first time around.

Just to make sure everyone is aware that letting NP go from his first reign had nothing to do with our current owners (as there were 2 different stories circulating at the time)

So King Power bought the club, and then Pearson leaves, and that had nothing to do with King Power how?

Pearson's (and the players) achievements have been exceptional - far greater than doubters like myself ever thought possible. The two Argentinians are sensational.

As it stands the squad that he has assembled has quality and depth - and that didn't look too likely to me either. Of course, such success brings its own problems in terms of managing expectations and finding sufficient games to keep 'fringe' players reasonable content.

So Mandaric and Pearson fall out in May 2010 and King Power are nowhere on the radar at this point?

Still reckon there will be a 'Pearson Out!' thread before the end of the calendar year!

So Mandaric and Pearson fall out in May 2010 and King Power are nowhere on the radar at this point?

Exactly.

At the time Gerry Taggart was on the coaching staff and he claimed during a Leicester Legends evening a year later that the clash was between Nigel and Lee Hoos. This seems to me to be letting Milan off the hook since he had Paulo Sousa as his guest at the Play Offs and could have stopped Lee Hoos at any point. It is clear that the move to get rid of Nigel were underway in May. Pearson left in late June or early July 2010. Milan was still the owner in September when we were humiliated by Portsmouth. King Power were no doubt at least involved in the sacking of Sousa in October but I cannot imagine they were in a position to hire and fire in May.

Last edited:
Still reckon there will be a 'Pearson Out!' thread before the end of the calendar year!

Poostain's job is safe for another week.

London, New York, Paris, Munich, everyone could soon be talking about N. Pearson - currently manager of English Premiership club Leicester City.

I'm just a little worried about other 'big' clubs suddenly spotting how well little Leicester are doing and how much they might want Pearson.

London, New York, Paris, Munich, everyone could soon be talking about N. Pearson - currently manager of English Premiership club Leicester City.

I'm just a little worried about other 'big' clubs suddenly spotting how well little Leicester are doing and how much they might want Pearson.
That's the danger of success and the dynamics of modern football. Time to panic methinks!

Anyone think we have to promote from within in terms of our next manager, someone exposed to the details and style of our current plans?

I just ****ing love the way we are heading with Pearson, I can see him talking in 10 years time about how he always remembers the negativity towards him from a great many city fans, not dissimilar to MON.

But he hasn't had his Sheffield United moment yet. And the way things are going I can't see it coming either. (He's had his Watford moment though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566