Out of Contract Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazzman said:
I was hoping. 5 years maximum contract, never knew that.
i know you were just joking hazzer-the oldies these days just dont understand the youngs sense of humour ;) :icon_razz :icon_cool

Leigh said:
For reference:

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson and Wesolowski
Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, Hammond, Hamill and Hume
Out Of Contract in 2009: Stearman and Fryatt

Out of contract in 2006: Tiatto, Gudjonnson, Morris

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson and Wesolowski + Logan

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, Hammond, Hamill and Hume

Out of contract in 2006: Tiatto, Gudjonsson, Morris

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson, Logan, (minus Wesolowski)

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, Hammond, Hamill and Hume + Wesolowski

Nice to see Stearman & Fryatt with long term contract, but would not like to see Williams Maybury McCarthy Sheehan Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand leave.. aswell as hume.

Now out of contract - decision awaited: Tiatto

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson, Logan

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, Hammond, Hamill, Hume and Wesolowski

Out Of Contract in 2009: Stearman, Fryatt + McAuley

too many shite players on long contracts!

Tiatto isn't out of contract yet, it'll run until the end of june?

Nathan said:
too many shite players on long contracts!

You might want to argue that there are too many 'shite players' at the club - others might suggest that you are being a little unrealistic if you expect players of a higher calibre in our present circumstances. But I don't think you can argue at all on the length of the contracts.

We have only 3 players who have 3 years left on their contracts, and I am not even sure that I would call those 'long' contracts. The majority of the players have two years left and that is the shortest viable length of contract that avoids constant speculation about their future at the club and gives any hope that we might get even a small transfer fee on their departure.

If any more had only a year left, we would very quickly find ourselves back in the days of Micky Adams when we always seemed to be ending a season not knowing who was going to be playing for us in the following August.

Nathan said:
Tiatto isn't out of contract yet, it'll run until the end of june?

Congratulations - you have just out-pedanted a pedant. The fact is that he has played his last game for the club under his current contract and we await a decision on his future.

bocadillo said:
You might want to argue that there are too many 'shite players' at the club - others might suggest that you are being a little unrealistic if you expect players of a higher calibre in our present circumstances. But I don't think you can argue at all on the length of the contracts.

We have only 3 players who have 3 years left on their contracts, and I am not even sure that I would call those 'long' contracts. The majority of the players have two years left and that is the shortest viable length of contract that avoids constant speculation about their future at the club and gives any hope that we might get even a small transfer fee on their departure.

If any more had only a year left, we would very quickly find ourselves back in the days of Micky Adams when we always seemed to be ending a season not knowing who was going to be playing for us in the following August.

Congratulations - you have just out-pedanted a pedant. The fact is that he has played his last game for the club under his current contract and we await a decision on his future.

so that's 1-1? :icon_razz :icon_lol:

Nathan said:
so that's 1-1? :icon_razz :icon_lol:

Naah!! 'Out-pedanting a pedant' gives you a winning lead. I will leave it to you in the future!
;)

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson, Logan + Tiatto + Johnson

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, Hammond, Hamill, Hume, Wesolowski + Kenton + Low

Out Of Contract in 2009: Stearman, Fryatt, McAuley

This leaves Max Gradel and Scott Lycett as the only players with first team squad numbers for whom I haven't got the contract expiry date.

Nathan said:
have you taken into account Kisnorbo's extension?

Have you got any confirmation of Kisnorbo's extension?

DesertFox said:
Enough about Kisnorbo's "extension" already!

You disgust me!

be careful DF, you're in danger of going off topic, you'll be yellow carded. :icon_wink

where can you find contract information?

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson, Logan, Tiatto and Johnson

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Gerrbrand, Hammond, Hamill, Hume, Wesolowski, Kenton and Low

Out Of Contract in 2009: Stearman, Fryatt, McAuley + Kisnorbo

Max Gradel and Scott Lycett remain the only players with first team squad numbers for whom I haven't got the contract expiry date.

Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson, Logan, Tiatto and Johnson

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Hammond, Hume, Wesolowski, Kenton and Low minus Gerrbrand and Hamill

Out Of Contract in 2009: Stearman, Fryatt, McAuley, Kisnorbo

Max Gradel and Scott Lycett remain the only players with first team squad numbers for whom I haven't got the contract expiry date.

Last edited:
Out Of Contract in 2007: Williams, Henderson, Porter, Dodds, Johansson, Tiatto and Johnson (- Logan)

Out Of Contract in 2008: Maybury, de Vries, Hughes, McCarthy, Sheehan, Sylla, Douglas, O'Grady, Hammond, Hume, Wesolowski, Kenton and Low

Out Of Contract in 2009: Stearman, Fryatt, McAuley, Kisnorbo

Out of contract in 2010: Logan

Williams will not get a new contract on the kind of money he's on currently unless we get promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669