Parks and Recreation plus other American imports:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

I hear you will receive "parks and rec" in the UK soon...seek it out if you can, I rather enjoy it.

Also, Fringe has been ****ing sublime recently...don't know if that is on over there.

Watched every episode of Fringe, I more than slightly relate to a certain character. :icon_bigg

Parks And Recreation is quite good, but I found it went a bit stale after a while. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it did seem to run out of steam for me

Not seen any of Fringe, is it worth getting hold of?

Watched an episode or two of Parks and Rec but couldn't get into it. Feel I should try again though as I like most of the people in it!

I watched all of White Collar recently and absolutely loved it, looking forward to it coming back! Pretty much all the TV I watch is American now.

Not seen any of Fringe, is it worth getting hold of?

If you enjoyed x-files, you'll love it.

By the makers of Lost, but it seems all the stuff they cocked up in that series they have learned from. It's genuinely one of my favorites.

We watch Modern Family, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The US Office. I really like The Walking Dead as well, Season 3 is very good.

By the makers of Lost, but it seems all the stuff they cocked up in that series they have learned from. It's genuinely one of my favorites.

It's amazing the influence Lost has on the current lot of TV shows.. Person of Interest, Once Upon a Time and Revolution (the latter two both have writers from Lost) all have quite similar styles, particularly with flashbacks etc. Without the same randomness/mystery for the sake of mystery at Lost did, which is a relief.

If you enjoyed x-files, you'll love it.

I hated X Files but I love it all the same

I watched Community series 1 on the internet but I can't find series 2. Worth a watch if you get the chance.

Genius. Just superb. Bizarre, though, that Sky often line it up next to The Middle, which is terrible.

ABC do in the USA too to be fair, and have done since it started I think.

Not a fan of The Middle. Love love Modern Family though. It's consistently brilliant. So many subtle little things like little looks, facial exressions and references that make it so clever, especially from Phil.

Never found The Middle very good either, which is a shame, because I like Neil Flynn.

Last edited:
I watched Community series 1 on the internet but I can't find series 2. Worth a watch if you get the chance.

Community is probably my favourite comedy (that or Modern Family). It's so good, and I don't understand why it struggles for ratings so much! Alison Brie makes it even better of course.
Again, so many good references. I like all the hidden little extras they put in there too, like the Beetlejuice one.

Community is on its last legs over here:

That, the office, 30 rock and parks and rec are all shown by NBC on Thursday nights. Inexplicably the ratings have been very low compared to CBS shows like two and a half men and the Big Bang theory (both of which are utter shit).

So NBC is canning all of those shows at once and replacing them with more populist shows.

In short, American comedy is about to take many steps backward.

Still, there is always Louie, which is brilliant and on a network that won't cancel it.

Community is on its last legs over here:

That, the office, 30 rock and parks and rec are all shown by NBC on Thursday nights. Inexplicably the ratings have been very low compared to CBS shows like two and a half men and the Big Bang theory (both of which are utter shit).

So NBC is canning all of those shows at once and replacing them with more populist shows.

In short, American comedy is about to take many steps backward.

Still, there is always Louie, which is brilliant and on a network that won't cancel it.

Kills me that Community isn't going to last. Not sure how this season will work though with Dan Harmon having been booted out. Hope it doesn't make it change.

To be fair, I've still not got over the loss of Better Off Ted yet.

I like Big Bang Theory still, although it hasn't taken a downturn. Two and a Half Men is awful, yet I still watch it... not really sure why! I liked the early series, and I find it hard to give up on shows I've watched a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566