Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the only thing they were proven guilty of was lying. They lied for a reason, and one can only believe that reason was to extract money from some wealthy sportsmen.

It's difficult to prove a motive, but in this instance I can't think of another one.

You obvioiusly think I'm being too harsh on them, I won't pester you for the reasons.

in my opinion any women that lie concerning alegations of rape, for either profit or retribution or purely to gain attention, should be subject to the same sentencing as the person they were accusing would have got if they had been found guilty, in other words they should have had the book thrown at them!

Funny how the whole of the La Manga episode now appears to entirely due to Paul Dickov :icon_roll

Unbelievable, some people

Best signing of the summer, for me

If we can get hold of a couple of full backs then we might just be pushing for a play-off position

Last edited:
Funny how the whole of the La Manag episode now appears to entirely due to Paul Dickov :icon_roll

Couldn't have put that better myself. Well, not without the use of the word "c**t" in there somewhere.

Some people on here seem to want to wallow in sh!t, La Manga was ages ago, under a totally different regime and eventually no charges were brought against anyone at the club, move on ffs.

Some people on here seem to want to wallow in sh!t, La Manga was ages ago, under a totally different regime and eventually no charges were brought against anyone at the club, move on ffs.

Agreed, LA Manga is in the past now, everyone at the club and Paul Dickov have moved on, it's long gone so why is everyone thinking if Dickov comes he will bring the trouble with him,

Dickov will be a great signing he has proved the last few season's he can score, and i am sure will be a real motivite the rest of the forwards,

why is everyone thinking if Dickov comes he will bring the trouble with him
They're not thinking that, they're struggling to forgive him for his part in La Manga. It's history they're concened about, not the future. I know this because I read it in the thread.

edit - They are aso still upset about the way the perceive him to have left us.

Last edited:
They're not thinking that, they're struggling to forgive him for his part in La Manga. It's history they're concened about, not the future. I know this because I read it in the thread.

Struggling to forgive him... they would be creaming themselves if he scored a few goals.

People who care about La Manga and his "i'm staying" crap should really start worrying about not getting out of this division... that is something worth worrying a little about.

personnaly i couldnt give a toss what he has/hasnt done, your right its history. then again, i think its ****ing digusting that lee hughes has found his way back into football, so soon after killing someone, and no doubt luke mccormack will too. personnaly i dont remember there being loads of publicity over the hughes thing (i may be wrong), but the la manga thing raged on for months

Funny how the whole of the La Manga episode now appears to entirely due to Paul Dickov :icon_roll

If we can get hold of a couple of full backs then we might just be pushing for a play-off position

I don't think anyone has said he was the only one involved. My problem with him is how he left the club after the fans gave him unconditional support over La Manga. As I recall, most people didn't believe the allegations at the time although people were unhappy that they had got into the situation in the first place.

Personally I think he will be a better signing than Savage, who I am still of the opinion that he has become fed up with the game, but PD showed he at least still had some appetite at Blackpool.

Jeff - Have you been tipped off for a press conference today, or will publicity shy Mad Mandy just go for a paper/electronic press release instead?

Jeff - Have you been tipped off for a press conference today, or will publicity shy Mad Mandy just go for a paper/electronic press release instead?

Behave yourself

This will be heralded with a fanfair the likes of which we haven't seen before

The returning hero, coming back selflessly to save the club and fans he loves from their current plight

Mandy won't compromise on this one

Behave yourself

This will be heralded with a fanfair the likes of which we haven't seen before

The returning hero, coming back selflessly to save the club and fans he loves from their current plight

Mandy won't compromise on this one

It will be like the end of the first Star Wars movie (1978). Dickov will be wearing his finest regalia, Stowell & Gerry will be highly polished and beeping at the sides and Mandy will be watching sagely on from behind NP, who will have a couple of Cinnamon Whirls attached to his ears to help him look like Princess Leia as he hands The Wasp his contract.

It will be like the end of the first Star Wars movie (1978). Dickov will be wearing his finest regalia, Stowell & Gerry will be highly polished and beeping at the sides and Mandy will be watching sagely on from behind NP, who will have a couple of Cinnamon Whirls attached to his ears to help him look like Princess Leia as he hands The Wasp his contract.

will steve howard roar like chewy?

I thought football fans were meant to wallow in history? After all, if you can relive the good times......:icon_razz:icon_roll

Anyhoo, it's actually the first time I've thought about that season for a long while, and obviously it will be something that will always be linked with Dickov and the others, so when I do think about it, it's cos I'm remembering how embarrassing it was for the club at the time,especially as we were struggling on the pitch as well.

As it goes, I agree that we do need a striker like him, because the ones we've got are pathetic at the mo, and they might well learn a thing or two from him. He will provide some much needed bustle and aggression up front, which we've been sadly lacking for a couple of seasons.
I should hope he could get at least 20 in this division, especially if he gets decent support from the midfield and wings.

A signing that gives me a bit more optimism about the coming season.

Now just waiting for the OS to announce the press conference, that'll be two hours after it has happened probably!

Still waiting for the OS to say summat about the non-arrival of the new away shirts...which should've been on sale by now but aren't.
We've had a letter from the CEO of JAKO though saying there's a delay. Sometime this month according to that, my mate went to the clubshop yesterday and she was told could be them iddle of the season and the club hadn't even got the team kits from JAKO yet.

Pffft.......

... Birch doing his Obi-Wan 'May the Force be with you Paul', and Savage lurking in the background doing his Darth Vader impression!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669