Paul Gascoigne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the documentary about him on Channel 4. What a giant twat the man is.

For anybody who has lived with an alcoholic they will know what they are going through. The ****ers as bad as a skaghead imo.

Last edited:
I blame Danny Baker & Chris Evans. They made him drink, it said so in the Sun, so it must be true.

I honestly think it's all very sad, but then I'm obviously a bit of a soft puff.

He was the reason I really started loving football. I'd just never seen a player as exciting as he was with the ball.

I do feel sorry for Gazza. In his heyday he was widely accepted as the best English player of (at least) his generation. These day's superstar footballers are ten-a-penny and even the fringe players of a top flight team are on contracts that make them millionnaires. Gazza was one of only a few players world wide to be thrust into that category and he clearly didn't, and still doesn't have the capability to deal with it.

I think if the same Paul Gascoigne was to come through the ranks of a football team today, he would be far better off as a player and a person. Football is seen as a proper profession now and players have to tow the line of eating correctly, training correctly and behaving correctly. He was a victim of his time in my opinion.

Such talent (on the pitch) I believe that never reached it's full potential.
If only he'd gone to Man U not Spurs, we'll never know what might have been.

As for Baker and Evans, pair of wankers, that certainly didn't help matters.

I think if the same Paul Gascoigne was to come through the ranks of a football team today, he would be far better off as a player and a person. Football is seen as a proper profession now and players have to tow the line of eating correctly, training correctly and behaving correctly. He was a victim of his time in my opinion.
Like Barton and Gerard?

Like Barton and Gerard?

My point is that during his playing day's drinking was not seen as anything that hampered a professional footballer and allowed young, and in Gazza's case, rich players to get carried away. OK it is not perfect now but football has changed dramatically since the late 90's and I think that if Gazza was to be around now the opportunities for him to go mental would be largely reduced.

Gerrard is a bad example really as he has not even come close to wrecking his career. Barton is just an example of a mediocre player having far too much money. Nothing like Gazza.

I do feel sorry for Gazza. In his heyday he was widely accepted as the best English player of (at least) his generation. These day's superstar footballers are ten-a-penny and even the fringe players of a top flight team are on contracts that make them millionnaires. Gazza was one of only a few players world wide to be thrust into that category and he clearly didn't, and still doesn't have the capability to deal with it.

What about all of the other victims he has left in his wake. He is a woman beating Alchoholic shitbag of the highest order. Great footballer - Horrible nasty piece of shit out of it. Lots of people have tried to help him but he just cares about himself and how the world/family is against him. Sad excuse for a human being.

What about all of the other victims he has left in his wake. He is a woman beating Alchoholic shitbag of the highest order. Great footballer - Horrible nasty piece of shit out of it. Lots of people have tried to help him but he just cares about himself and how the world/family is against him. Sad excuse for a human being.

:038:

Just watching the documentary about him on Channel 4. What a giant twat the man is.

For anybody who has lived with an alcoholic they will know what they are going through. The ****ers as bad as a skaghead imo.

I'm sure the money they made from starring in the documentary made up for it, as well as the money they have made throughout the years for being Gazza's family.

Also why did Bianca, who has stated before that she hates him, take on the Gascoigne name before trying to launch a career on television?

I'm sure the money they made from starring in the documentary made up for it, as well as the money they have made throughout the years for being Gazza's family.

Also why did Bianca, who has stated before that she hates him, take on the Gascoigne name before trying to launch a career on television?

Oh right. That will make up for the times he headbutted his ex wife and broke her fingers, beat up his kids and in general made their lives hell. :102:

Did you actually watch the documentry? The sad fact is they all still love him despite everthing he has done to them. He couldn't even remember his own son when he called him.

I think that some may have a rose tinted view of the scumbag because he was a great footballer.

Oh right. That will make up for the times he headbutted his ex wife and broke her fingers, beat up his kids and in general made their lives hell. :102:

Did you actually watch the documentry? The sad fact is they all still love him despite everthing he has done to them. He couldn't even remember his own son when he called him.

I think that some may have a rose tinted view of the scumbag because he was a great footballer.

Same as with Best

The bloke has so many issues its unreal alocholism seems to be to one of many. I sympathise with his wife who has and is still is paying the price. I think she worried if he died she would be hated for not helping him. I think the documentary will now dispell this.

Did you actually watch the documentry? The sad fact is they all still love him despite everthing he has done to them.

Exactly. Does that not point to the fact that they still believe he is a decent human being? He has done some horrible things and has left himself open to people calling him horrible things and I would never condone beating his wife. My point is that if he had more support in the early day's then he may not have followed the path he did. He was a teenager when he was handed all that money and had people telling him he was wonderful. His problem was he started to believe it.

Exactly. Does that not point to the fact that they still believe he is a decent human being? He has done some horrible things and has left himself open to people calling him horrible things and I would never condone beating his wife. My point is that if he had more support in the early day's then he may not have followed the path he did. He was a teenager when he was handed all that money and had people telling him he was wonderful. His problem was he started to believe it.

Do you really believe what you have written theire? Do you think Michael Jackson was born white and never interfered with kids because of a few good songs. :102:

Do you really believe what you have written theire? Do you think Michael Jackson was born white and never interfered with kids because of a few good songs. :102:

I see that his family still wants him to get help. That to me say's that they still care and you said yourself that they still love him. If he was a stonewall 100% wanker they'd have bombed him out and never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669