Paul Gascoigne

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's simply not true :icon_roll

There are hundreds, if not thousands of footballers that are the equal of Merson, Penant, Fashanu, Bowyer and Barton - none of whom have any known 'flawed side to their personality'

Not to mention the many thousands of exceptionally gifted sportsman from every and any other sport you can think of

You are talking complete cobblers

Did i at any stage mention Northampton Town?

Really??? :102:
All I see is a lot of flawed personalities, but no extremely talented individuals.

You don't see me, but I'm here. God I need a drink.

Just watched the programme and read the comments in this thread.

Firstly, I don't believe for one second that football has changed the path Gazza has gone down. Instead of getting pished with bands and in expensive hotels, without football, he would just be blowing his disability benefit getting pished in backstreet hovels in Gateshead.

The sheer extent of his mental illness is such that nothing really could prevent it coming out and destroying him. Football simply became a socially acceptable 'drug' delaying the inevitable.

His brain is totally fecked. He has no sense of himself or how to live a relatively normal life. As well as celebs and footballers, plenty of nobodies are in the same boat. His brain functions at such a pace that everything is either indecipherable or the world seems to be moving so slowly that life becomes overwhelmingly boring.

Until they work out how to totally rewire a brain, the likes of Gazza will exist to destroy the lives of themselves and those that become attached to them. Once it is accepted that someone is beyond help, they really shouldn't be left to commit suicide as Gazza is. A bullet through the brain would be best for all concerned.

Sad but true.

Anyone see him on MOTD2 last night? Had clearly lost a lot of weight and looked a lot healthier than probably ever, said he hadnt had a drink for 4 months, good to see hes got himself back into shape

Certainly did. I just hope he stays on the wagon this time. I can't imagine that mentally he will handle many more breakdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669