Paul Jewell !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why some people doubt the attractiveness of Leicester to Paul Jewell..Bradford, Wednesday and Wigan struggle to be classed as anything other than dour football clubs with little recent history...if as is rumoured he has had no option other than to take a contractual break from the game for six months following his 'stress' related departure from Wigan he is now ready to return to management...and the Leicester post is the best job out there at the moment...obvious bias aside!

Whelan at Wigan had a reputation for being a difficult chairman to work with and Jewell had six good years there..I can see the appointment happening...

There is a big write up in the Mail about Jewell and he says he is ready to get back into football.
A Coincidence??????

There is a big write up in the Mail about Jewell and he says he is ready to get back into football.
A Coincidence??????

Same one in the Express today too.

A Coincidence??????

i remember hearing that he had agreed to stay out of football for six months after leaving Wigan which must be about up now.

cant remember where i heard it though

Adams did ok at city until after the transfer embargo, when he was allowed to sign players it all went wrong

It was his management not his signings that led the leads slip in the last 10 minutes of matches.......

Ferdinand, Bent, Scimeca, Thatcher did OK (granted Curtis, Howey etc were awful!)

It was his management not his signings that led the leads slip in the last 10 minutes of matches.......

Ferdinand, Bent, Scimeca, Thatcher did OK (granted Curtis, Howey etc were awful!)

to many ageing players who could last the pace

Just on SSN, he's in Dubai at the moment, he hasn't ruled out a return to Wigan, is ready to return to management and is prepared to listen to any offers.

According to his column in the metro no one has approached him about any job lately and he is waiting for the right move. :102:

Just seen Jewell playing golf in Dubia, on ssn being asked about the Wigan job, don't think hell be at the Walkers.

Well he said no to Wigan or Wigan said no after the whole sacking of CH, and he has said he wants to come back to football now, you never know!!

Probably waiting for Southgate to be sacked but at least a glimmer of hope

Last edited:
I do get the feeling that Milan is waiting for someone, rather than vascillating. Let's just hope that the wait will prove worth while!

I do get the feeling that Milan is waiting for someone, rather than vascillating. Let's just hope that the wait will prove worth while!

After the last few performances, how long will he be prepared to wait?

I think it's clear that Mandaric can't get anyone to work at city because he can't get anyone prepared to work with him. He needs to move himself out of the way. There are plenty of club owners who don't interfere with the playing side, they employ directors to do that job, and they get the right people- it's more important than the manager in many ways. Sadly, the great man's ego gets in the way of him doing this, it cost him at Portsmouth when he was picking bad manager after bad manager before lucking out on Redknapp, and it nearly cost him again when his behaviour caused Redknapp to walk out.

If he's not prepared to take his hands off the rudder, he needs to sell up, as he will never get a return on his investment while he treats the club (and us) as a toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669