Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Give him another season. Get rid of Beckford, Danns etc. Bring in a few more young hungry players. Add a bit of steel. Lets not rip it all up and start again. I can't cope with that again. :bang:

100% agree.

So close this season so why not build on that rather than risk starting again.

100% agree.

So close this season so why not build on that rather than risk starting again.

All depends on what the owners wanted from him. If his brief was to get promotion this season, he's ****ed up massively. If it was to repair some of the shite left by Sven and Sousan and build for next season then I think he'll be safe.

I'll be first to admit I didn't want the bloke back and certainly didn't expect any success this season from him. If he can get rid of some highly paid idle ****s from our team I've got more faith than before.

Nah, I agree

Feck 'em

Just cant buy into the "hard luck chaps, jolly good effort" mantra. We've been shit for a decade, we were shit this season, that game was shit, that penalty was shit.

Andy King is about the only player I give a monkeys about. He was immense.

Last edited:
Just cant buy into the "hard luck chaps, jolly good effort" mantra. We've been shit for a decade, we were shit this season, that game was shit, that penalty was shit.

Penalty aside, Knocky was superb.

All very true, though I feel there was a few others that had a decent game beyond Kingy.

Indeed. With the position we were in at the end of January and the run of fixtures we had coming up the play offs shouldn't even have been a consideration. Something went badly wrong and I'd love to know what it is. We went from being a pacy attacking side with a preference for playing the ball on the deck to a lethargic collection of hoofers.

Credit is due for getting us into the play offs when it looked gone, I suppose, and we looked good on Thursday. But today we were poor. We sat deep after we equalised and couldn't string two passes together. Even when we had the chance to bag it at the end Knockaert pulled out of the follow up instead of smashing the ball beyond Almunia to put us on our way to Wembley. We weren't unlucky at all and if I were a neutral today I'd be thinking we got just what we deserved for Knockaert's cheating.

Last edited:
Indeed. With the positin we were in at the end of January and the run of fixtures we had coming up the play offs shouldn't even have been a consideration. Something went badly wrng and I'd love to know what it is. We went from being a pacy attacking side with a preference for playing the ball on the deck to a lethargic collection of hoofers.

Credit is due for getting us into the play offs when it looked gone, I suppose, and we looked good on Thursday. But today we were poor. We sat deep after we equalised and couldn't string two passes together. Even when we had the chance to bag it at the end Knockaert pulled out of the follow up instead of smashing the ball beyond Almunia to put us on our way to Wembley. E weren't unlucky at all and if I were a neutral today I'd be thinking we got just what we deserved for Knockaert's cheating.
I don't think we looked good on Thursday. I thought we were very lucky and second best.

Oh and I would still prefer Pearson to stay.... at the moment..... unless MON wants to come back..... or Jose......

Last edited:
I thought we were just about the better side, albeit a bit shaky at the back. We were good relatively speaking. We at least attempted to attack the opposition, something which has been lacking for months. We were awful for most or today's match though. Has Pearson spoken to the tv or radio yet?

Numpty on radio,
Bring O'Neill in and get rid of the whole squad (except knocky!)

Truly, truly amazing.

If the Thai's have a hope of being good owners for this club, he'll be moved on by the end of the day tomorrow. If we persist with him, it will be more of the same and we really, truly, can do better than this.

I am sure I am with many in saying Pearson has to stay.

Lets not forget, Beckford was dire at the start of the season. After bringing Wood in, we went on a great run.

Then we went on a shit run. Had we tailed off and continued to be shit, fair enough, bye bye.

But we didn't, the players and management clearly picked things up and we got into the playoffs.

Then we got beaten by Udinese / Granada's B side. I want Brighton to go up now, but if Watford go up it will be interesting to see how many players they have to buy to be even vaguely competitive.

Last edited:
Who the feck are we going to get in his place that can do a better job? Hope the owners have sense and allow him to stay and build on the team. Defence needs improvement for sure.

Who the feck are we going to get in his place that can do a better job? Hope the owners have sense and allow him to stay and build on the team. Defence needs improvement for sure.

The defence that has leaked something like the 3rd least goals of all the teams in the championship? I'd be more preoccupied in getting another striker that can finish...

I was all for keeping Pearson regardless but letting Knocky take the penalty at that moment is a gross dereliction of duty. Unforgiveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566