Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best name that has been mentioned thus far though I don't see him as a massive improvement on Pearson.

Would rather stick than twist if that is the option as he'd surley want to bring a number of players from Bighton with him when again, I don't really see them as a massive improvement on what we have and would cost a bomb!

Unsure if that is sarcastic or not but didn't they rack up similar losses to us as I'm thinking I read something along those lines when the last financial results were out?

Anyway, I'm sure if we did get Poyet that Brighton would be more than willing to take a punt on Pearson so seems pointless to me.

Unsure if that is sarcastic or not but didn't they rack up similar losses to us as I'm thinking I read something along those lines when the last financial results were out?

Maybe they did. But the fact that they have higher crowds than us (paying higher prices), means they will be able to spend more under the financial fair play rules.

Anyway, I'm sure if we did get Poyet that Brighton would be more than willing to take a punt on Pearson so seems pointless to me.

Brighton didn't lose as much money as us but they possess the largest debt in the division. This largely being down to the new stadium being built.

As for Poyet, I think he's a twat who builds cynical, dirty sides. :icon_conf

Poyet? No thanks. I don't want to see Pearson go but if we made the mistake of sacking him, realistically I would hope to see either Di Matteo or O'Neill and Robertson back. Maybe Curbishley, but he's been out of the game so long I doubt he'd be the same manager he was.

Cheers lads, knew I had read something which made their finances sound as bad as ours.

I don't think they are any better supported than a number of teams in this league though, just a case of having what sounds like one of, if not the best stadiums in the league which was emphasised even more after playing at what was basically Saffron Lane sports stadium for a number of years prior.

If Poyet leaves for anyone then I think they could easily begin to slide back towards where they came from.

I don't think they are any better supported than a number of teams in this league

Historically they've not been that well supported - but they've always had crap grounds. They're certainly benefiting from the new stadium effect at the moment, it will be interesting to see how many of them stick around if they start to struggle.

Cheers lads, knew I had read something which made their finances sound as bad as ours.

I don't think they are any better supported than a number of teams in this league though, just a case of having what sounds like one of, if not the best stadiums in the league which was emphasised even more after playing at what was basically Saffron Lane sports stadium for a number of years prior.

If Poyet leaves for anyone then I think they could easily begin to slide back towards where they came from.

If having the highest average attendance makes them the best supported then they are...
I would guess that Leeds are "potentially" the best supported team in the division...

I know that but I am saying it is that because of new stadium syndrome. The Walkers was packed every week to begin but look at it now.

I'd say away attendances would be a better indication and agree on Leeds but would have Wednesday up there too.

Sacking a manager isn't even half of the decision though, a good replacement needs to be a certainty, otherwise we'll all be saying the same things next May.

Personally, I find Pearson very frustrating. However I think he should get more time if he can prove to the owners that he has identified good transfer targets this summer and can do something about the coaching situation, because as far as I can tell its just him, Shakespeare and the 'keeper coaches. We played some great stuff when we had recent ex-pros like Hamman and Powell involved.

yes I wodner about our coaching, if what you say is true it explains a lot.

We get strikers who are good at previous clubs, after some weeks here they turn to donkeys. Happened to too many strikers meaning something at the club like coaching. Then Schlupp goes to man utd for a month, comes back a much better player.

Looking at wiki we have much more coaching staff at academy level but threadbare at first team level.

yes I wodner about our coaching, if what you say is true it explains a lot.

We get strikers who are good at previous clubs, after some weeks here they turn to donkeys. Happened to too many strikers meaning something at the club like coaching. Then Schlupp goes to man utd for a month, comes back a much better player.

Looking at wiki we have much more coaching staff at academy level but threadbare at first team level.

I'd argue schlupp looking any better to be honest. Wood was patchy throughout his career as was Nugent. Wagon never had any first team football anywhere else and Vardy was non-league.

I think NP's treatment of Schlupp is very interesting...

He was behind Nugent,Vardy,Waggy and Futacs in the pecking order before the Man U interest and then of course Wood joined...

After Konch got injured initially he's been a virtual permanent part of the team whether as a striker, wide man or full back...

For me it's a sign that NP does change his mind and can flex his views...

I think NP's treatment of Schlupp is very interesting...

He was behind Nugent,Vardy,Waggy and Futacs in the pecking order before the Man U interest and then of course Wood joined...

After Konch got injured initially he's been a virtual permanent part of the team whether as a striker, wide man or full back...

For me it's a sign that NP does change his mind and can flex his views...

I'd honestly be interested to know how many starts he's made since he went to Man Utd. I'll maybe work it out when I'm not on my phone.

He's certainly featured in a lot, 13 I make it. Not sure how many starts.

Last edited:
News is breaking that he has been suspended by the club.

skysports.com:

Brighton have suspended manager Gus Poyet and his coaching staff, according to Sky Sources.

The Uruguayan is believed to have had a series of disagreements with the club's board over his transfer budget for the summer.

Poyet's future on the south coast was already the subject of intense speculation linking him to a number of vacancies elsewhere.

He admitted he was "considering his options" following Brighton's play-off semi-final defeat to Crystal Palace on Monday.

The 45-year-old is reportedly on Everton's shortlist to replace David Moyes when he departs to take over at Manchester United in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669