Pearson on RL

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically we didn't offer him enough cash in the contract talks.

Two things about NP's comments.....

1. Our Chief Exec was the one who got him the job here in the first place. Maybe that made Lee Hoos feel he was a bit superior to Nigel and perhaps Pearson resented that. But it's strange how Nigel would agree to come here when he had already worked with Hoos at Southampton.

2. If Pearson was on holiday and prospective new owners were being shown around, why should he have been informed? Who is to say it would have come to anything so why mention it until something concrete was in taking place? Mandaric had stated publicly that he was looking for additional investment in the club as he could not keep bearing the burden himself, and nigel must have known that.

All in all, while I appreciate what Pearson did for us, I just feel he is a mardy barstard.

Pearson pissed everybody off by not signing the contracts offered to him, I suppose you can only push someone so far before they replace you.

except that he wasnt replaced - he resigned

we like NP, but he needs to drop it now

that pantoview has done him no favour with the Hull fans

All in all, while I appreciate what Pearson did for us, I just feel he is a mardy barstard.

Perhaps. But it still doesn't change the fact that Sousa was at both of the play-off games.

Anyway, NP is the past. Sven is the present.

except that he wasnt replaced - he resigned

we like NP, but he needs to drop it now

that pantoview has done him no favour with the Hull fans

the **** resigned before he was sacked, he knew it was coming.

the thing is- he didn't deserve to be sacked after the 2 seasons he had just had. And whether we think he jumped before he was pushed, the whole business was dealt with in a way that doesn't put those who run the club in a good light.

And I don't see why he shouldn't say his bit, after all, MM said his bit about it on Friday, if NP thinks MM was fudging the truth about the situation then he is perfectly entitled to put his version across.

He is,after all, only saying what a fair few of us had already been told or had read the rumours about his leaving on here anyhoo. MM can't exactly come out and call NP a liar after that interview, not the way NP chose his words as carefully as he did.

Anyhoo! as already said further up, at least this will draw a line under it all now and we can concentrate on our new bloke taking the team past NP's as quickly as possible!

Last edited:
I was gutted when he left. Now I am not too bothered. Get me?

Tinted glasses that you get with a good manager have gone- what he did was good, but there were other manager who could potentially have achieved it. He did spend 1.2mil on Richie Wellens when we went up- it's not like we made the playoffs for free.

Nevertheless he was a good manager- and I'm sure his decision to leave was well measured.

Mandaric blasting Stringer for bringing up Pearson, I really wish people would just move on.

I can't blame Mandaric for being pissed off really, Stringer just seemed to be shit stirring during the whole press conference, he's an embarrassment.

Mandaric blasting Stringer for bringing up Pearson, I really wish people would just move on.

I can't blame Mandaric for being pissed off really, Stringer just seemed to be shit stirring during the whole press conference, he's an embarrassment.

Not at all. I'm glad Stringer brought it up. Ultimately, our most successful manager in years left under a cloud, and nothing was ever openly discussed until yesterday. Now, when we've gone through the same old story again, its only right to bring it up. Nigel Pearson should still have been here this season, and the way Mandaric handle that question was not only slimey and cringeworthy, but also laughable.

Not at all. I'm glad Stringer brought it up. Ultimately, our most successful manager in years left under a cloud, and nothing was ever openly discussed until yesterday. Now, when we've gone through the same old story again, its only right to bring it up. Nigel Pearson should still have been here this season, and the way Mandaric handle that question was not only slimey and cringeworthy, but also laughable.

but the question also remains as to why Pearson didnt sign the contracts he was offered, I seem to recall (I may be wrong) he started negotiations in February, so had more than enough time to thrash out a deal.

Last edited:

He was trying to put words in Pearson's mouth though, Pearson said he had a poor relationship with the Chief Executive Lee Hoos, but the way Stringer worded his question he made it sound like Pearson had issues with Mandaric and that he didn't feel Mandaric supported him, something that Pearson - who chose his words very carefully in that interview - never said.

Sloppy, sloppy journalism from an absolute ****wit, he's an absolute cretin and should not be allowed anywhere near our football club. You're right - someone should be asking these questions, but it shouldn't be this complete and utter loon. What happened to the days when the BBC employed ****ing journalists rather than Apprentice rejects?

He's a shit commentator and summariser, he has no journalistic value, and his constant smugness on Twitter claiming that he has insider knowledge is ridiculous. He knows nothing, he has no value.

but the question also remains as to why Pearson didnt sign the contracts he was offered, I seem to recall (I may be wrong) he started negotiations in February, so had more than enough time to thrash out a deal.
probably because he didn't get on with Lee Hoos.

Maybe he would've signed a new deal in the summer if the whole Sousa at the play off games and new owners being shown round without him knowing etc etc

And I don't get why people criticise Pearson one moment saying he played boring football, and then criticise Sousa for playing nicer football but not winning. Pearsons football wasn't that boring in my opinion, and it got results.

I know who I would much rather was our manager today.

He was trying to put words in Pearson's mouth though, Pearson said he had a poor relationship with the Chief Executive Lee Hoos, but the way Stringer worded his question he made it sound like Pearson had issues with Mandaric and that he didn't feel Mandaric supported him, something that Pearson - who chose his words very carefully in that interview - never said.

Sloppy, sloppy journalism from an absolute ****wit, he's an absolute cretin and should not be allowed anywhere near our football club. You're right - someone should be asking these questions, but it shouldn't be this complete and utter loon. What happened to the days when the BBC employed ****ing journalists rather than Apprentice rejects?

He's a shit commentator and summariser, he has no journalistic value, and his constant smugness on Twitter claiming that he has insider knowledge is ridiculous. He knows nothing, he has no value.
True, I don't think he approached the question in the right way, but I am still glad he brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669