Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sack him we have to start again. We've been there and made a hash of it. Pulis may keep us up but what next? he won't stay around (that's even if he came). Stick with Pearson and as someone else said going down isn't the end of the world be sensible and come up again stronger like west brom did.

Then what? He quits because hes a stupid little bitch who throws his toys out of the pram?

WARNOCK?

That's enough for me to say let's try and get him. Cos I doubt Pearson will keep us up.

I'm pretty certain we're down unless something dramatic happens. It's a mirage to look at 17th place and say how close it is. That's not the way it works.

Despite me willing the owners to sack NP if they could replace him with TP, I do feel for him as a person. He's spent fifteen years in management working for this opportunity and it's slipping through his fingers. He doesn't want to fail and be forever known as a manager not good enough for the top level which is what will happen. He's done some excellent things for this football club and I genuinely wish he had been able to rise to the challenge of this season.

However, the cold hard truth is that he's good, but he's not good enough. He's no fool so I suspect he now knows it. It can't be easy in that situation with a huge contract tying you to a club so he can't resign even if his pride allowed it.

It's up to the owners now.

I'm sure Pearson is a man of pride and must be hurting.

I think we should disregard the spat - in the scale of things it doesn't matter much.

I have no doubt that Pearson will take us down - and without many more points than we already have. In an ideal world I think that he should go right now - and give a different manager as many matches as possible to review the situation and see if anything can be done in the January window which would be very difficult.

The big question is: Would anybody else be able to produce better results, using the player material that we have??
Personally I doubt it and would certainly agree that we didn´t buy enough / spend enough before the season started. Southampton HAD TO and DID.

........Personally I doubt it and would certainly agree that we didn´t buy enough / spend enough before the season started. Southampton HAD TO and DID.

Remember though that Southampton had shed loads of money from the players they sold and I don't think they spent it all.

Stability is the key here. You have got to give the guy time.Â*

Remember, these players are still mostly young and learning and developing. Look how far the likes of Drinkwater, James, Vardy, Schlupp and Schmeichel Â*(Taking away his recent wobble) have come under Pearson.

They will all learn from this experience and be better and will make it at this level I believe.

Not forgetting the next wave of players in the development squad that seem to be beating every top European side at the moment.Â*

All players current and future have come through under the leadership of the current administration, including Pearson and his team.Â*

If we go down, so be it. That is far from definite but do you honestly think this current team and Pearson couldn't win the Championship again. I think there is a good chance.

Either way, we have to keep this squad of players, this structure and ethic of the club and make the right additions.

We will only get better - given time and patience. We've waited this long FFS.

We won't go forward if we dismantle everything now and may still go down BUT weakerÂ*(Look at Cardiff, Birmingham and countless others!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669