Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from inside sources at palarse that Pulis is a complete head-case. This might not question his results, but perhaps after time it becomes apparent that the man is a bit of a loon.

For me, I want nothing more than 3 points against Liverpool and for NP to turn the season around. I'm stupid enough to believe we may get 4 points from our next two matches and that would see us probably out of the relegation places.

We played OK against Sunderland and by all accounts actually well yesterday.

Fair play, Da Laet was dreadful, make that change NP. I'm also not convinced Was is better than Moore, but there we are.

Come on you blue boys.

It needs a head case to take the job and turn round the situation.

The immediate objectives are essentially short term - between now and May. This will determine whether the club is consigned to small time football maybe for the indefinite future or whether the wealthy owners invest seriously into making Leicester City a serious football club.

I don't give a shit what 10,000 non-Leicester fans think. What the feck has that got to do with the price of fish ?

Fact is we've been cast away in the desperate wilderness for ten miserable years, and faced the prospect of remaining there forever and a day. This bloke has been through ups and downs and miseries, but found a way of gelling a team together to not only drag us out of the mire, but send us soaring out of it.

There's no nostalgia here. It's simply common sense to allow him more than 13 feckin' games to find a solution to playing in a league we've been far removed from for a generation. Three points separate the bottom seven. To sack him right now would be the action of an idiot

And I'd sooner sit through a hundred posts about poor old Enderby beating his meat on a Midland Red than read any more spouting bullshit about how great Tony Feckin' Bastard Pulis is. He's not. He's a complete ****.

I do accept that it's not as bad as the Steven thing, tho'

...if you were to survey 10,000 non-Leicester football fans/pundits with the question, "who would you consider most likely to keep Leicester in the Premier League, Tony Pulis or Nigel Pearson?" how massive would the majority in favour of Pulis be?

All 10,000 think we are going down whatever we do.

I, believe it or not, am not convinced that now is the time to change manager (although, I will not pretend to be a Pearsonite); however, this part of your argument - and you are not alone in voicing it - puzzles me greatly. Are you also criticising the club for bringing Ulloa in, replacing Nugent as our front line striker? He scored 20+ goals to get us up: does he deserve this 'loyalty'? And, do you think that Manchester United, Chelsea or any of the 'top' clubs would hesitate for a minute in replacing their manager, if they thought someone better was available?

I am yet to be convinced that there is a manager who could do a better job, in the short term, but if there is, then I want him here as soon as possible. Football is about results, not loyalty.

Time is running out. we're already bottom; 2 points out of 24. The convention is that a run of 6 bad results can unseat any football manager. If we continue in this mode till January we may well be cut adrift.

Now for the good news. This week may well settle the issue of the manager one way or another. A decent performance against Liverpool and a win at Villa Park should restore some confidence in Pearson. Two defeats and I think he will be on his bike. A single point will keep it all in the balance.

Regretably, I don't think Pearson is a Premier League manager - but the views of individual punters don't matter a stuff - it's the owners who carry the responsibility and call the tune. Hopefully, they will exercise better judgement than when they allowed the wage structure cap to deter any quality players joining the club if they could get more attractive terms elsewhere.

I don't give a shit what 10,000 non-Leicester fans think. What the feck has that got to do with the price of fish ?

Fact is we've been cast away in the desperate wilderness for ten miserable years, and faced the prospect of remaining there forever and a day. This bloke has been through ups and downs and miseries, but found a way of gelling a team together to not only drag us out of the mire, but send us soaring out of it.

There's no nostalgia here. It's simply common sense to allow him more than 13 feckin' games to find a solution to playing in a league we've been far removed from for a generation. Three points separate the bottom seven. To sack him right now would be the action of an idiot

And I'd sooner sit through a hundred posts about poor old Enderby beating his meat on a Midland Red than read any more spouting bullshit about how great Tony Feckin' Bastard Pulis is. He's not. He's a complete ****.

I do accept that it's not as bad as the Steven thing, tho'

Well said, sir.

There's no nostalgia here. It's simply common sense to allow him more than 13 feckin' games to find a solution. To sack him right now would be the action of an idiot

You posted elsewhere that you'd give him until 1st January. What difference does a month make?

I'll answer my own question, a team in our position at this point of the season has only stayed up three times in Premier League history. One of those three times was Palace last season, the other two were a long, long time ago. By this time last season, Pulis was already at Palace. We're already almost out of time to make an effective change.

It isn't a case of waiting for a bit longer and then decide to make a change, it's now or never. If we wait until Jan 1st, we might as well not bother. In fact, at that time if no change has occurred, you'll probably be arguing for change and I'll be arguing to stick with NP because a change has become pointless.

You are either in with NP no matter what or you want a change now. There is no other choice.

OGS in now.

Your experience is part of a very important lesson. Change for the sake of it or for stupid reasons is idiotic and almost always doomed to fail.

Recruiting a Steve Clarke or a Chris Hughton or any of the other likely suspects would be utterly pointless and quite possibly counter-productive.

However, answer me this: In your opinion, if Cardiff had replaced MM with TP last season, what league would you be in?

You posted elsewhere that you'd give him until 1st January. What difference does a month make?

It will be twenty games done by then, another 21 points that have been competed for, and over half a season gone.

Fair to just start this conversation then, and not before.

I'm starting to think that Brown Nose IS Tony Pulis, desperately looking for work.

I'm starting to think that Brown Nose IS Tony Pulis, desperately looking for work.

The truth is that I don't like Pulis, never have done. He's very much like NP in many respects, arrogant, authoritarian, closed-minded, etc.

He's just a much better Premier League manager than NP.

You mean a preview of the game in which we kept a clean sheet, and won away from home, to be followed by the most sparkling adrenaline-fuelled game we have seen at our stadium in donkey's years ?

“I remember one training session where I got the ball at right-back and ran forward and he stopped the session because he didn’t like me running with the ball.

“It is different here. We like playing football here and we like to get into the attacking third and let people produce some magic

Fantastic

It will be twenty games done by then, another 21 points that have been competed for, and over half a season gone.

Fair to just start this conversation then, and not before.

A change of manager after Jan 1st for a club in our position has never worked. Never. Not even close. There is no conversation to have then.

Fantastic

Here is De Liability complaining at being derided for his assertion that right back is some kind of attacking position in the team. As he flies up the right hand side of the pitch leaving a massive hole in our defence over and over again, I'd like his manager to ask him what the feck he thinks he's doing. He's a defender that cannot and does not want to defend. TP saw this, NP doesn't.

Okay, I can see that you're going to take some winning over.

Let me put it like this, if you were to survey 10,000 non-Leicester football fans/pundits with the question, "who would you consider most likely to keep Leicester in the Premier League, Tony Pulis or Nigel Pearson?" how massive would the majority in favour of Pulis be? I'd guess 90% would go for Pulis. As an experiment today, ask your non-City supporting friends and colleagues and see what they say.

If you were to ask bookies to give odds on us going down with NP (currently 5/4) or Pulis, wouldn't you expect a sharp improvement in our predicted fortunes? Our odds on going down would widen significantly overnight. Why do you think this is?

The only reason to stick with NP is through a nostalgic sense of duty.

If you're happy for us to get relegated this season, so be it. But if you have any aspiration for us retaining our status, you're the ones losing your grip on reality.

I notice that you've quoted my post, but I'm not sure you were understanding it. I was simply highlighting the key words in your post.

If you need me to clarify - it may be hard for you to understand, but that's because it's not your viewpoint. You perfectly well understand your own opinion, it's yours. I didn't say anything about what my thinking was, I was just pointing out the obvious (or so I thought) reason as to why you couldn't understand people "not getting this".

A change of manager after Jan 1st for a club in our position has never worked. Never. Not even close. There is no conversation to have then.

O'Neill's first game in charge was the last one in December, I think. Only a week difference. Top of the league at the time, admitted, but it certainly worked for us. What other teams have done is irrelevant

Please remind me of the glorious success we have seen when we changed our manager after 13 games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670